What's new

Another Xcarlink problem

spudowen

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord cdti
Sorry to start another thread.

I'm having a problem where my x car-link wont recognise itself 100% of the time, basically wont play anything through the usb/sd card but will play through the aux, when trying to play from usb all I get on the screen is 08-99.

Anybody else had this issue its abit annoying, as when its working it is superb!

Thanks Mark

I get this from time to time.

My feeling is it's either a filename or MP3 tag issue. I'm guessing there may be some problem with illegal characters that stops xcarlink indexing what's on the card/stick. Failing that my next suspect would be an MP3 format issue.

I did have a play with re-naming, re-tagging and re-compressing music to try and figure it out not long after I got the unit but never managed to bottom it. It feels like the sort of thing a firmware update might cure, but that isn't a service I've found anywhere.

In the end I've just formatted the card/stick and put something else on it!

Do you think its a problem with the stick then, not the unit?

I've tired it with 2 different sticks. whats annoying is you can be using it working fine, then stop the car, keys out etc keys back in and then it refuses to read, also it seems completely random as to how to works/doesn't work