What's new

Anti roll bar (swaybar) End links revised

alnug

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
Jaguar XF S
There are some new rear anti roll bar or swaybar, if you're from across the pond, endlinks that replace the ones you have if they fail. The replacement endlinks are about 1mm thicker and so I would guess are slightly stiffer than those that are on the car...I'll get some pics up soon...

Attachments

• droplinks.jpg
    droplinks.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 50
no probs just remember to just go ahead and chop them off lol...i'm an advocate for the dremel lol

not sure what you're refering to there Al, :) :lol: :lol:

good info man.. thanx

decent, i'll be after a set in the near future for my progress sway :D

on ur progress sway did u get the adjustable hub or did u get the lower tie bar?

actually still to order it, would've had it by now if i never bought evo discs and brembo pads.

AFAIK, it ARB drop links limit the body roll when going round a corner. I may be wrong.....

Drop links connect the ARB to the suspension. The ARB translates compression of the suspension on one side of the car to the opposite side leveling the car.
The stronger (thicker) the bar the greater the effect.

I've not long had all my droplinks replaced (3 months ago). I had a broken one and as you have to replace the pair, I decided to get the other end of the car done at the same time on the grounds that my car is on 97k so they'd probably be worn anyway.

I ordered the new ones from Holdcroft, do you reckon these would be the revised spec ones Al?

what do people think about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Moog-K90342-Sway-Bar-Link/dp/compatibility-chart/B000C5A0GC

Are these as good as OEM or uprated?? Never heard of Moog but ***uming its somewhat aftermarket/uprated.

Anyone used this brand before? Opinions??

Check out the TSX club, members seem to be fitting them!! and as for the OEM ones, I feel it is the plastics holding pins that are the weak point!!

OEM one are around the £55 mark!!

is that a grease nipple included in the kit? Also, can these be used either left or right?

Yes it is a grease nipple, allows you to pack the ball joint with grease in a year or so. You must purchase the correct side

Interesting the ones Dave posted look good as well

I apparently have some loose droplinks on my tourer, I can hear them when going over bumpy roads slowly. How easy are they to fit? are there any pictures or diagrams anywhere?

in theory they are easy, you need a 5mm allen key to hold the head of the bolt one side while you turn it with a spanner on the but...in reality if your car has been around for a while chances are they are rusted in and the easiest and best way is...............DREMEL, it's a lot faster and you won;t risk breaking any allen keys....if you're replacing them anyway should be the best way!

in theory they are easy, you need a 5mm allen key to hold the head of the bolt one side while you turn it with a spanner on the but...in reality if your car has been around for a while chances are they are rusted in and the easiest and best way is...............DREMEL, it's a lot faster and you won;t risk breaking any allen keys....if you're replacing them anyway should be the best way!

At last! I can finally use my dremel for something. I thought I would use it all the time but haven't used it once in 18 months.