What's new

Anyone able to explain using an iPod on an Accord?

Swervin Mervin

Members
Reaction score
Car
Jazz
Correct me if I'm wrong please but is using an iPod on the Accord not that straightforward?

I've got an adaptor built into the car and was hoping to buy an adaptor and carry on using my Blackberry for music, however I bought an adaptor and it doesn't work. :(

Do you have to then put the music for the car in certain folders on the iPod, so you can't simply scroll through your music and play whatever album takes your fancy?

Sorry if this is a question that's been answered before, I did try to search with little luck. :)

I think you are talking on two different fronts here - what adapter have you bought? What sound system have you got in your car? Dealing with files and folders is something I refused to do hence the adapter I have. The Xcarlink also now allows y0ou to control it directly and thus get rid of this system.

I think you are talking on two different fronts here - what adapter have you bought? What sound system have you got in your car? Dealing with files and folders is something I refused to do hence the adapter I have. The Xcarlink also now allows y0ou to control it directly and thus get rid of this system.
Hi Dan. Thanks for the reply.

I'm pretty sure THIS is the one I have fitted. It was fitted when I bought the car. I've got the Premium Sound System with the Sat-Nav touchscreen in mine.

I was hoping to avoid forking out for another adaptor.

I was quite happy in my old motor having one of those 3.5mm aux plugs in the side of my Blackberry going into one of those 'tape deck' adaptors.

Are you sure that link is correct? It is different to the one you posted in your other post?

I think you are complicating things a ***tle more than needed.

I know what you mean by wanting a simple 3.5mm jack to work with, but unfortunately Honda wanted to over engineer the problem... hence the Xcarlink and the ICED option I went for.

Yes I own an iPod, but only because it is unfortunately the easiest way to do certain things..... And I am far from a Steve Jobs apologist!

Are you sure that link is correct? It is different to the one you posted in your other post?

I think you are complicating things a ***tle more than needed.

I know what you mean by wanting a simple 3.5mm jack to work with, but unfortunately Honda wanted to over engineer the problem... hence the Xcarlink and the ICED option I went for.

Yes I own an iPod, but only because it is unfortunately the easiest way to do certain things..... And I am far from a Steve Jobs apologist!

Yes, that's the one I have. There is a plug sitting in my glovebox to plug the ipod into. The other link I posted was where I wanted a cable to plug into the Ipod cable in the glovebox and the other end a 3.5mm jack plug.

So, yep I do have that USA-SPEC PA11-HON2 thingy in mine. Just don't have an iPod to plug into it. I was gonna go out and buy one but tbh I don't then want the whole experience to be compromised by not being able to listen to all the tunes on the damn thing.

I don't then want the whole experience to be compromised by not being able to listen to all the tunes on the damn thing

Not sure I follow you on this one bud? You can get a Classic, and load it with months and months of music.

Not sure I follow you on this one bud? You can get a Classic, and load it with months and months of music.

lol, I'm not making myself very clear am I?

Yeh, I understand the ipod. I'm just of the view that if I use one with the adaptor already fitted to my motor then I have to fart around putting music into certain folders in order to listen to it. I also don't think I can use the ipod itself to navigate to the music so I'd have to use the in car controls to scroll through the music in the 'special' folders.

Just sounds too clunky to me.....am I right?

hhmm, not sure - my adapter lets me use the ipod controls - the steering controls work only to skip or repeat tracks. the mode button changes between the stereo inputs.

Can you ask a friend to lend you theirs for a couple of hours and have a play? You certainly wouldn't have to put music into folders, but if you can't use the ipod controls, then selecting playlists and tracks would be a PITA.

Your fears are why I didn't by the Xcarlink, then they updated their website and I realised my worries were unfounded.

The folder based control system to me is totally unacceptable in this day and age.