What's new

Anyone fitted LSD on 2.2Cdti ?

nosman

Members
Reaction score
Car
civic
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has fitted an LSD ( Limited Slip Diff ) to an accord diesel yet, if so, what was the rough price and where did you get it from ?

I'm currently driving a EP3 CTR with an LSD and looking at changing the car for an accord diesel next year but may still get the urge to do the odd trackday so was wondering if anyone has fitted an LSD.

I've already been looking at the Elite remap to up the power and useability a little so i'm prepairing for it all already ! hehe

sorry i cant help you, im just too busy laughin ;)

I ***ume your having a laugh, even on a track your chance of getting a lardarse diesel on two wheels is slim :lol:

Stick to the EP3 and if you must get an almost as unsuitable trackday car as the diesel you could always get an FN2.........sorry couldnt resist ;)

dont listen to them.... it costs roughly £550 for a quaife but id stick with Honda HT spec wich is around £600....but just to remind you you will need to change your entire gearbox for this mod and most definitely your engine too ... if you do manage to get ur diesel on 2 wheels... na in all seriousness the reason these guys are laughing is that well come on... its a diesel accord and u want to put an lsd on it...its not a racing car nor is it ever meant to be one.. all it was designed to do... al it was born to do was to pull shyte... loads and loads of shyte.... no offence to other erm derv owners............petrol still rules

on another note wich ep3 do u have?

lol... yes... was buried away in my new found job and wealth so been buying a shed load of tech..... so been busy decorating my room the way i always wanted it to be... didnt think it would take 2 months lmao...

what does tidying mean? no i was reffering to isntalling my gadgets galore lmao....and no it will be a london verion of star trek lmao..... was happy to see that my engine wich we ended up putting in an eg afterall did 11.7 at shakespear raceway.... vids and pcis will eb up soon... jsut need to get daves word lol

hmmm on the sly haha well new suspension .... new exhausts ( only coz i accidently reversed into the old one so i was forced to buy new ones ) .... and spoon lsd and spoon final drive 4.7 oh and also got a hold of some evo 7 recaors but need tog et them re trimmed lol

to be hoenst i havent been online for a long time now lol and were hijacking his thread lmao

oh and dave is the owner of reelmotion... he takes the best dam hd vid in the country lol

^^ lmao.... its getting close for that vip man...cant wait... ocne its outa da garage need ot get some extreme arch rolling and flaring done... u deffo wont be dissapointed with the rims...

on a serious note... can a diesel accord be tracked tho?

By the way welcome to TA Jason :lol: .Were a friendly bunch here with a good sense of hummer and love a bit of banter ;)

I think Jason's got a point - just imagine the bragging rights down the pub: "My diesel's got an LSD, beat that."

I hope its a tourer he's going to buy. That would look the dogs on track.

LOL even I laughed when I read that first post ;)

Welcome along Jason - unless you're planning some SERIOUS hardware mods, even an Elite Remap won't see you needing a LSD. You might need to look at uprated clutches before you look at traction anyway...

I thought I may get slated while I was writing it !! Thought i'd ask though. hehe

I have an EP3 ( previous generation ) civic that I use as a track toy but will be giving tracks a rest for a while ( currently doing about 8-12 trackdays a year) . Hence why I said in my previous post the ODD track day ( ie 2-3 a year ). Can't blame a guy for asking .. hehe

I used to own a 2.4 Type S Accord with the Euro R suspension on it before I had my 2nd CTR and that went well on track. Photos here : http://jasonevans.fotopic.net/c640547.html
Hence why I was wondering. Never mind !

BTW if some of you guys remember Volvo estates in the BTCC, they were laughed at when it was suggested and look how well they went in the 90's !
And the SEAT Leon TDi's went well a few years back as well. hehe..

Like I said, I'm not here to build a racecar, just the odd trackday in it. Not interested in getting it on 2 wheels either.

I'll crawl back into my box and shut up then.. :)

^^ na dude dont crawl back lol.... opinions are gold lol... what i was jsut saying is that the accord diesel is like a lada in a pretty frok ( lmao )... diesel cars id track are the skodi rs tdi and the seat leon cupra tdi and the bmw 330d....having said that nobody joke about the volvo eastate 780s man theres a dude who came to a track session ones and is wear to god he even made the 911 gt3s cry... lmao

^^ na dude dont crawl back lol.... opinions are gold lol... what i was jsut saying is that the accord diesel is like a lada in a pretty frok ( lmao )... diesel cars id track are the skodi rs tdi and the seat leon cupra tdi and the bmw 330d....having said that nobody joke about the volvo eastate 780s man theres a dude who came to a track session ones and is wear to god he even made the 911 gt3s cry... lmao

Yep, I've been a passenger in a Volvo R5 Estate ( think this one was about 260ish bhp ) and EVERYONE seemed so suprised when we went passed them all , you got to love the sleeper element !!!.

lol yeh this was an r5 estate never new they came turbod from factory lol but this dude was running 456 bhp and he said its sooo easy to tune them and get immense power out of them.....ultimate sleeper especially as its the school day run fav lol

I had an S60 T5 as a company car once and IIRC it was five cylinder 2.3 turbo putting out 260hp. I wanted the R but my company wouldnt let me, I think the R is more like 300hp as std and remaps extremly well

Oh and OP dont go hiding we are all just having a laugh really :lol:

Glad i'm amusing everyone on my first post . Hehe
Well you don't ask you don't know. Worth a go :lol:
I'll try and ask more sensible questions in the future.

ps , why have I got a warn status on my profile? Have I ALREADY done something wrong ? ( apart from posting a daft question ).

Don't worry it is empty and only you and the admins can see your status.

Jason that is there for everyone, yours is blank therefore no warning has been applied.

You dont get warnings for making us all laugh mate :lol:

Just checking but glad I brightened up your day guys.
I feel a bit daft now ( What's new I hear you all say! )

I was going to mention the Volvo estate in BTCC, seems it is fondly (!) remembered. I saw a show on Motors TV about the 1986 Lombard rally (the last race for the old Group B cars). I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a couple of Skodas in the mix!

No need to feel daft at all mate :)

Enjoy your stay and ask away.

Just curious what lsd did you have on the EP3 was it jdm or quaife?

It's a JDM LSD that I got from a JDM EP3 when he decided to upgrade to a Kazz Plate Diff.
Even the JDM diff makes a HUGE difference compared to a CTR without one.
Best mod by far I've done to the CTR. Hence why I asked the question about one on the Cdti
Driven my friends CTR who has a quaife diff and it feels the same, prob find out its made by quaife and rebranded Honda like the early 02 CTR clutches were.

thats good to know. I think the jdm lsd is same as quaife 1way, which means no lock up on decelaration. Jdm is hard to get hold of though

^^ endless horizon has a few at the moment... if ur interested..... but if i was u id save and get a a spoon lsd... best damn thing !!!!!