ship69

Members
Reaction score
Car
'08 i-DTEC EX man 5D
Hello

A friend of mine is raving about "mechanic in a bottle"
Have any of you folks tried it?

Does it differ in any meaningful way from things like "Wynn's Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner"?
Does regular use of either of the above mean that there is no need to buy the more expensive/premium types of diesel?
(e.g. Esso's "Supreme+ Diesel", BP's "Ultimate Diesel" etc)

J

According to this video "Mechanic in a bottle" can actually dissolve water into the diesel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wro_wU-r1sI

All I know is that one friend if mine has had phenomenal results on his car (not a Honda though), and he raves about the stuff. But of course "one swallow a summer does not make"...

Injector cleaning agents can be good as they are often just a high concentration of the same type of additives that are already in quality fuels but I would be wary of anything that claims to 'clean a DPF' as this is simply 'cleaned' by increased temperature and NOT additives.

Best way to keep an engine working at it's best is to use quality premium fuels either constantly or very regularly. This will clean and keep clean the injectors which will mean a correct injector spray pattern and the most efficient combustion to gain the best fuel efficiency.

There's no cheap way round this fella.

You'll have to put your hand in your pocket to resolve your DPF issue.

Or if you've had enough maybe it's time to knock it on the head and buy a petrol or a hybrid.