What's new

Anyone in N London/South Hertfordshire.. favour to ask..

mango

Members
Reaction score
Car
B20TurboCRX &TypeS
I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my 60mph acceleration judder and could do with some help ruling out my wheels as the cause.

I've just had all four balanced again somewhere decent and watched while they were done so that they were done properly unlike the previous place who will never see my custom again.

It turns out all four wheels have slight buckles in them, they have balanced up ok, but they are all buckled nonetheless and I want to rule this out as the cause of my judder.

So I'm wondering if there is anyone in North London (I'm out near Southgate/Enfield) or in South Herts, Potters Bar sort of way who has a 7 gen which absolutely does not suffer any wobble who would be up for meeting up and doing a momentary swap of wheels so that we can see if I get the dreaded judder with a known good set of wheels, and if my wheels cause the dreaded judder on a known good car.

Beer tokens will be gratefully provided!

Cheers

I'm just north of Hitchin if that's use?

Thanks Dan, that's not too far. If no-one closer chimes in I'll give you a shout.

I have spare set of 16's in the garage, cannot vouch for the balance though, but if you want to try them feel free. Waltham Abbey

Thanks John, I really want to try some wheels which someone knows 100% don't cause any wobble on their car though.

I just need to put a different set of wheels on, drive somewhere where we can hit 70 and then I'll know.

You're pretty close to me though.

Thanks John, I really want to try some wheels which someone knows 100% don't cause any wobble on their car though.

I just need to put a different set of wheels on, drive somewhere where we can hit 70 and then I'll know.

You're pretty close to me though.

OK you can try my wheels, they do run nice. when are you able? PM me. I will have them off and ready to fit to your car.