What's new

Anyone own a 2.0 i-vtec auto?

markquinton

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex 2.0 i-vtec
Hi

As the the ***le suggests does anyone own the 2.0 auto on here?

If so what is it like? Is it a good smooth box and does it really penalise the performance and mpg?

I'm looking at a couple of accords at the moment and one is an auto with only 37k, the condition and mileage are making it really tempting and i do like a good auto as i'm currently driving a dsg Skoda which is great, i don't expect the box to change gear as well as the Skoda however.

Thanks

Mark

i never understand people buying petrol car with automatic gearbox and asking about mpg or perfomance :D If you want MPG buy dieasel if you want perfomance buy 2.4(with 200bhp) with manual gearbox. Honda you looking wont produce mpg or perfomance and its doesnt metter that it have only 34k .If you want to smile while driving get diesel with 2.2i ctdi do it remap it to 190bhp you will have perfomance and MPG!! good luck

Mark Quinton said:
Hi

As the the ***le suggests does anyone own the 2.0 auto on here?

If so what is it like? Is it a good smooth box and does it really penalise the performance and mpg?

I'm looking at a couple of accords at the moment and one is an auto with only 37k, the condition and mileage are making it really tempting and i do like a good auto as i'm currently driving a dsg Skoda which is great, i don't expect the box to change gear as well as the Skoda however.

Thanks

Mark
I think Simon luvmyaccord has one, send him a PM

I have one! 04 with 75,000 on the clock

Its nippy but no evo and the box is very smooth. You can feel it change gear but only just and its much much better than my father in laws Volvos !!

As for the MPG we can get 37mpg on a A road run (up and down the A9 to Inverness) with a small trailer on the back and about 33mpg on a b road run! (back and forth to work)
And we are very happy with it!

Alex

Went to look an 07 ex 2.0 auto today. The car was in excellent condition with 78k and 10 in the service book from Honda. It has also just had a health check and Honda could find nothing wrong with the vehicle.

However..i did notice that when you move the auto box from park to drive or reverse there is a quite obvious change going on with the release of the brakes etc, you just seemed to be able to feel the change of modes much more than my dsg box. I think I am being a little unfair on the box as it's smooth when on the move and it's a much older design than my dsg. Can anyone confirm that these are a good strong box with no known problems?

Regards

The gearbox oil needs changing at the 75k interval. Potentially it hasn't been done. Check the paperwork.

It's perfect normal for the auto gearbox that you should feel when is passing through gears from P to D/R.
How the previous colleague said above about mpg is real and a smooth ride without being a jet but after 4600 vtec does his part.
Regards

Cris said:
It's perfect normal for the auto gearbox that you should feel when is passing through gears from P to D/R.How the previous colleague said above about mpg is real and a smooth ride without being a jet but after 4600 vtec does his part.Regards
I didn't know vtec was male, makes sense I suppose lol

Well I bought it and should get it Wednesday evening. Now the hunt for some 18's begins!

I just bought one, seems fairly reasonable on fuel costs, but then last car was a 5.2 V10 Audi S8! Not the fastest thing in the world but it will pick up higher round the rev range if you gun it. Gearbox is smooth car is the most comfy car I have had, Tax is £290 a yr though. Mines a 2004 tourer with a genuine 25k miles and serviced each year. Probably the best car I've had for under £2 grand.

AT will always prevail MT in long distance. In traffic jams AT is more comfortable. It is not easy to brake HondaMatic gearbox. The trick here is you are not buying a new one, so you have to carefully check the condition of the gearbox.