What's new

Anyone Slept in Their Tourer?!?

Sit

Members
Reaction score
Car
Car-less!
Afternoon all,

I know this is a little random but wondered if anyone had slept in their Tourer given the space in te back with the seats down??

The reason I ask is that I have been invited to a friends stag weekend in a few weeks but I am working the weekend. So I don't miss out I am driving over in the Accord when I finish wrk at midnight and joining them in town for a few beers before go-karting the next day.

For the sake of a few hours sleep, probably 3am - 7am I can't really justify paying for a room in Travel Lodge or similar. So my thoughts turned to the Accord, if I fold the seats down I could probably get 3-4hrs sleep in the back saving me a packet on a room or b&b. I have ordered the sun shades that are spoken about on here, these were ordered for my daughters benefit but figured they would offer a degree of privacy if sleeping in the back.

Maybe a single airbed and sleeping bag and it will be a home from home - any thoughts/experiences?

Si

I have slept in my Saloon, in the front seat lots. I drop the seat back, with a pillow behind my head, wrap up warm with a sleeping bag and get some shut eye. my only bit of advice is wrap up warm!!! cars get really cold at night also park away from street lights so you can shut the light out. Apart from that happy camping! :lol:

Thanks bud, definitely looking favourable to paying for a room - works put quite a dear hourly rate when you only want a bed for a few hours!

Good shout on the street light front, wouldn't of thought of that until about 4.30am lol!

Si

just make sure you are parked somewhere that the police wont be likely to be walking past. If you are in the car and you've had a few, even if its sleeping in the back, i'm sure that they can do you for drink driving as you are 'in charge' of a vehicle. so just be careful.

Thanks for that bud, will make sure I exonerate myself from any brushes with the law. I was thinking an overnight car park or something similar, with an airbed and sleeping bag and being in the boot I would like to think common sense policing might kick in but hey!!!

Si

I've slept in an 82 corolla estate, the accord tourer would be palatial by comparison!

The luggage cover thingy would make an admirable black out.

have slept in the saloon too,in my previous job on a night shift,again on the back seat with a pillow,was in an underground car park so no worries about cops or lights(untill some decides to go to their car for a midnight snack..)

I've thought it would make excellent accommodation and can't wait to try mine out when the opportunity arises.

Do it

Whats the worst that can happen, you get done for drink driving (sleeping), and then go karting, and get kicked off for drink driving lol. :lol:

all in a days work, sounds good B)

Hide your key so it's impossible to find. There's loads of good hiding places in a tourer. You could duct tape it to the underneath of the little bits of wood under the side panels in the boot. Would be harder to prove that you had intentions of driving it.

I know someone who got nicked after coming out of the pub and going to his car to get his coat out to walk home. Police nicked him as he opened the car door. They said he intended to drive, also he wasn't and had no intention to do so, he lost the case and got banned for a year.

The only defence you might have is if you enter the car via the boot, but for the price of a travel lodge room, i wouldn't risk my licence.