What's new

ATM fluid change

StuH

Members
Reaction score
Car
Superb Estate 3.6 V6
Okay, car is at 75k now and is an '03. I can't find any mention in the service book of the transmission fluid being done and I didn't have it done at the 75k service. There can be a slight judder when accelerating from low speeds, I'm pretty sure it's not the engine so I'm thinking maybe the ATF could so with a change. Question is, do I really need to get a garage to do it or is it pretty straight forward?

Transmission should be changed at 75k or 8 years than every 4 years or 50k after.

Should be pretty staight forward. Get your fluid from Honda only! Then its a case of undoing the drain bolt and drain off (take out dipstick) as much fluid as you possibly can. Replace the drain bolt washer with a new one. Then fill back up again making sure to fill up on an even surface (not jacked up) to the marker on the dipstick. If you over fill, be sure to drain excess fluid off.

Yeah I done it also, then I would feel the car much more comfortable to drive, pretty easy to do just buy the ATF from Honda..my one is manual gear hence MTF..good luck