What's new

AUDI RS6 - Paint Correction

Paul Smith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
A friend of mine purchased a new toy recently and I was asked to put some life back into the paint and get it ready for some track days through the summer.

He wasn't wasn't looking for 100% correction on the paint, something I wouldn't recommend on a daily driver anyway. In my opinion it should be left for show cars as the maintenance on them is just too much work or the average owner.

The paint wasn't heavily swirled and there were very few random deep scratches. I knew these would require a good few of hours of correction as AUDI paint has a reputation for being rock solid. I was only carrying out a single stage machine polish so I could only concentrate on removing the swirls and at best, the light scratches.

My partner for the day -

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0645-2.jpg

The Accord (my car) looked tiny in the shadow of one of AUDI's finest-

IMG_0648.jpg

Time to get the car power washed down and get some snow foam on-

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Two bucket method, lambs wool mitt and some Britemax Clean Max shampoo -

IMG_0662-2.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Time to get it inside, dried down, get some light on it and start claying-

IMG_0678.jpg

I was using 3M blue for the first time, quite sticky and aggressive, a change from Bilt Hamber -

IMG_0675-2.jpg

Time to get the car all taped up to protect the silver trim and any other edges that could catch the pad-

IMG_0703.jpg

So, on with the polishing, in this case 3M Ultrafina SE -
IMG_0704.jpg

Paul, Hats off to you! I Really enjoy watching and reading your posts. Its great to see you at work and taking pride in the job you do. Well done!! ;)

Paul that looks amazing mate. Very talented at what you do. If you was closer you could do my car mate.
Love these cars too, make an amazing noise indeed

Paul bud great work again! Really enjoy watching your high class work, question bud when you coming to London :)

Yeh Paul great work, as above, love looking at the work unfolding. Your finished product is a credit to you. ;)

nice job Paul I love the Audi RS6 would you like a free holiday in the South West I'll then let you lose on my V70 :lol:

Nice results mate:) It certainly looks like you know what you doing :lol: Im just starting my adventure with machine polishing, can you tell me what masking tape you use? Any tips for beginner? Cheers, Dan

Nice results mate:) It certainly looks like you know what you doing :lol: Im just starting my adventure with machine polishing, can you tell me what masking tape you use? Any tips for beginner? Cheers, Dan

Flea-bay is your friend mate ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCOTCH-3M-Blue-Detailers-Bodyshop-Masking-Tape-3434-50m-x-25mm-Roll-3-Pack-/261023732931?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cc63a14c3

As for tips, You-Tube is your next port of call. There are hundreds of clips on there on products and methods. Some of them from the manufacturers themselves B)

F*** me!!! That's an amazing result dude!!!! Well done!!!