What's new

Audio upgrade

SIlverCloud

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2I-CTDI
Hey guys im upgrading my 2005 honda accord stereo my car have simple stereo(no premium) so sound was ****.I changed speakers on driver side ,changed speakers on the rear window shell.Unfortunetly i doesnt have speakers in passenger side:/ Changed radio to pioneer (1DIN) Sounds much better but still missing something .so is there are amp lifter installed somewhere orginaly? if no what amp lifter i should chose for speakers,how many wats etc? I installed in shell-2x ALpine (i think 300W each) and on driver doors pioneer(300W each) will add subwoofer soon (FLI 1200w) .Thank you :blush:

Not sure what an amp lifter is but I'm pretty sure the parcel shelf six by nine speakers are filtered to produce bass rather than mids. Possibly a inline filter of some sort. I had a friend in the trade fit my new speakers and he recabled the speaker wiring from the standard head unit back (non premium sound) with some thicker wires and that in conjunction with the better speakers made a huge difference.

i read in other forums it says that it doesnt have amp on 7th gen accords.Im not very good on stereo installing.Can anyone explain me my pioneer have 4x50w so that means that each speaker gets only 50w of power? how many watts amp i should be looking for ,for speakers?

It means that without an amp 50w speakers would be matched well with the head unit. It you want more volume without distortion you'll need an amp and higher rated speakers or a more powerful head unit.
I run the standard Honda stereo plus four upgraded speakers and the standard tweeters and it's loud enough for me although I'm more concerned about clarity of sound rather than shaking the doors off with bass!
If you want serious sound you'll probably want to install new speakers running off an amp and a subwoofer also running its own amp. At this point you'll probably want a decent battery and maybe capacitor to regulate the power.
Another option may be to install the premium sound system for the accord but you'll probably need new rear door cards for the extra speakers or cut some horrible holes on your existing ones !

Also your probably only getting 4 x25w with your pioneer as most are rated as RMS (root,mean,square)which I can't be bothered to explain but essentially means your getting half the stated watts down each channel