What's new

auto trans fluid change

hale-pope

Members
Reaction score
Car
10 i-dtec tourer ex
I recall I read somewhere that the oil on the auto box should be changed at a certain mileage to avoid expensive issues. I have just had a service at 72k or so and it had not come up on the VSR so i wondered if it should have done and if not, when is it generally good practice to do it? Thanks in advance.

On my manual its 75k but changed it at 50k for good measure.
On an auto I would change more often

On an Auto the change might be less as well than 75k.
It will say on your service book

Think its 75k miles or 6 years which ever comes first. Its on the Honda service schedule at £75.

Mine is due soon, I'm on 74500 miles, so will be booking in soon.

Guys can you say some more about it.
I'm just thinking of changing the oil. My is 41k but 6 years now , So I think it's time to do it.

Did you do it your self or went to honda ? And did you do a full drain ?
I understand you went for dw 1 ??

Cheers

I had it done at Honda for £75.

Its a bit more involved than a manual box, they have to have it at temp, then cycle through all the gears to check it all works.

Not worth messing with it yourself for £75.

Any chance you know how many liters of oil did they change ?? Was it full 6.4 L or just 3 L ??

Order your oil with club discount from our sponsor Holdcroft Honda. They will know how many litres the autobox needs, cant see it being more than 2 or 3 litres.

Thx Brett, I didn't remember the correct capacity.

I think that for 75 £ they didn't do the full change , as just the oil is a bit pricy.
So do you think it is a good practice to mix oils ? As there is Z1 and you top up it with DW1.
Or just a full change of 6.5 L would be a better solution ?

Btw,
What's the current discount code ?? ;)

Cheers

Tybur said:
Thx Brett, I didn't remember the correct capacity.

I think that for 75 £ they didn't do the full change , as just the oil is a bit pricy.
So do you think it is a good practice to mix oils ? As there is Z1 and you top up it with DW1.
Or just a full change of 6.5 L would be a better solution ?

Btw,
What's the current discount code ?? ;)

Cheers
I would deffo change the hole transmission as accords love gearbox and engine oil changes.
PM sent with code

Previously i owned a c class merc from new and i read forums about changing auto transmision oil. Some said if it aint broke dont fix it , I went ahead and got merc dealer to change it and within 5000 miles had auto probs! So traded it in 7th gen accord and never changed oil at all and never had any probs . Sold the car last week with 290000 miles , auto box still driving sweet . Not recomending this, but worked for us