What's new

Auto Window Up/Down Function

nodrogs

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
The drivers side auto window up/down function on my '05 accord has stopped working (where you press the button down fully and release and the window will go fully down by itself). Anyone else had this issue and is it likely to be just the switch or the motor?

I recall there's a reset procedure to enable the auto window function. Could just be that and nothing serious.
When I get home, I'll try to search for it in the technical manual.

The drivers side auto window up/down function on my '05 accord has stopped working (where you press the button down fully and release and the window will go fully down by itself). Anyone else had this issue and is it likely to be just the switch or the motor?

You can reset this. Push the button down so the window is fully down and hold there for 5 seconds. Then pull it up until the windows is all the way up and then hold for 5 seconds. This resets the switch.

Is this on all accords? Mine is 2007 and I don't think it does this?

It should brow, you just pull and hold the drivers window up or down for a second or so and it should go up and down. I reckon because your alternator is playing up its resetting the electrics. Wait till you sort your initial fault and this should work