What's new

Autoglym

Yadash

Members
Reaction score
So I picked up some Autoglym stuff today, Super Resin Polish, Ultra Deep shine I think and the body shampoo conditioner.
I applied the Super Resin Polish by hand and gave each panel 5 hits and it didn't really do much from what I could see, it didn't really polish, there were still swirl marks and small scratches still remained
My Question- What is the purpose of SRP and Ultra Deep Shine??

(Sorry for the n00b question)

I think the easiest thing to do is have a read of the threads in this forum ...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Paul

SRP is a good base under sealants and wax, they contain fillers etc but wont remove swirls scratches or do wonders. you only need a very small amount otherwise your just wasting. If your paintworks bad then it'll need correcting, you should try claying it first with a regular clay bar then srp and seal.

I usually wash,clay,wash,dry, srp x1, EGP x2, wax x2 with collinite. this lasts for many months, follow up wash 2 bucket method and quick detailer keeps the shine and beading going. You only use very small amounts, this makes it quick work too.

The paintwork on my car is pretty bad so should I Wash, T-Cut, then apply the SRP and then the Ultra Deep Shine and finally wax?

The paintwork on my car is pretty bad so should I Wash, T-Cut, then apply the SRP and then the Ultra Deep Shine and finally wax?
I would firstly wash it properly and use a clay bar over the whole car. Then apply a polish followed bay top coat carnuba wax followed by a sealant. That should give you some better results.
The clay bar removes the road grime and dirty and preps the body for polishing. It makes the polishing process so much easier.
Do research up on clay bars and how to use them before trying.

As mentioned by the guys above and also avoid using t cut (its horrible stuff) for the swirls try megs swirl x but be liberal with it as it is quite abrasive :) for the lighter scratches use megs scratch x

As mentioned by the guys above and also avoid using t cut (its horrible stuff) for the swirls try megs swirl x but be liberal with it as it is quite abrasive :) for the lighter scratches use megs scratch x
Thanks bro!
Yeah, I do avoid using T-Cut so I'll probably stick with scratch x and srp

As a valeter and autoglym fan, I find the ultra deep shine a bit of a pain to buff off. It has no cut to it, but contains alot of fillers to hide swirl marks etc., therefore its mainly suited to new/nearly new paintwork. I find the best combo is the super resin polish topped off with the autoglym extra gloss protection. Gives a great shine, but apparently doesn't 'bond' to ultra deep shine. The hd wax is good too, albeit a bit on the dear side.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-no-845-insulator-wax/prod_208.html - half the price of AG HD wax, being a liquid wax it is far less fussy to apply than AG HD and buffs off dead easy on well prepped car. Similar durability to AG HD too.