What's new

Aux belt replacement & gearbox oil change

Wayno

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0i Vetec
My cars going in shortly for a service.
I've bought the stuff so just gonna get the garage to fit everything.
2 questions.

1) what's the best Oil to buy for the gearbox? Is there any oil that's better than standard?
2) my Aux belt needs changing as it's got a slight tear on 1 side. I've been reading about the belts but I'm confused with the long belt or short belt.
If my car has the long belt, can I change it to the short belt and if I do what are the benefits?
Also are the belts from euro parts any good?

I've found this belt on euro parts but don't know if it's any good.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Honda_Accord_2.0_2004/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt/?202779165&1&c118cafd6c24b701d0ce264806feaa722de3a387&000108

1. Honda MTF3

2. For the 2.0 iVTEC, it's only long/short if you have hydraulic or electric power steering. Personally, I used a Gates drive/aux belt.

Thanks for the reply but I'm now lost as I don't know if it's hydraulic or electric!!
How many litres does the gearbox take?

I'm currently looking on Opie Oils for some gearbox oil but I'm unsure which Oil to buy and if I should get fully synthetic or part

Just use Honda MTF if manual, ATF for Auto, 3 litres should suffice for manual, I think 4 or more for auto, what grade Accord (Sport/type s/Ex) have you? If you have hydraulic p/s then you would have a p/s fluid reservoir in the engine bay.

Its the 2.0 sport 2004

There is a little reservoir on the bulk head next to the brake fluid reservoir which I wondered what it was for.