What's new

Aux connection port on premium soundsystem (satnav)

PooM

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL7 Accord Type S
Hi guys

I went to install a DICE Electronics Silverline DUO into my 2006 Accord Type S, with Premium Soundsystem & Satnav Technology Package. However, the cable the give to piggy back off an original cable is not compatible with my system, after taking the whole unit out :(

I have seen a few posts about the XCarlink device. Is this compatible with my model? I see it connects to the Aux port on the back of the headunit, however I couldn't spot one when we had the system out. However, I do have a button that says CD/AUX on the dash, so I am guessing there must be.

Any ideas?

Cheers Steve

Sorry i have been dying to use that link.

There is an aux install guide in the DIY section also.

Yes, very good thanks! <_<

However, every factory headunit is different it seems. Especially considering the majority of results Google brings up is the US Accord, which is completely different.

Do you really think I would post in here, if I could find it so easily on Google?

Yes, very good thanks! <_<

However, every factory headunit is different it seems. Especially considering the majority of results Google brings up is the US Accord, which is completely different.

Do you really think I would post in here, if I could find it so easily on Google?

The US accord is and TSX is the same behind the radio. Like i said there is a good guide in the DIY section of this very forum.

No funny links this time. ;)

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/42-diy-aux-input-ipodcd-changer/

Do you really think I would post in here, if I could find it so easily
on Google?

we understand your frustrations bud, but likewise...do you think a forum this size dedicated to Accords wouldn't have this s covered?

no offence intended!

a little tip though....the custom Google search box on the forum is actually better than the specific forum search box. bizarre... but true.

hope you get it sorted!

Thanks for the replies people. I know you can search on Google, however I could not find the info I needed. In fact I cannot find any answer to my question, "is there an aux port on the premium satnav system? If so, where is it?"

However, Dan after reading a few of your threads on the subject it seems you have the same system as me. How did you get on? :)

Hey bud,

I was petrified at first, but a little help from another member (Discodave) and I saw how easy it was to start pulling trim apart... Once I started it wasn't too bad at all. I didn't use and XCarLink though.. mine was a DICE unit, but I am pretty certain they are made in the same sweatshop in China.

Now it is in, it is fantastic... although it can't cope with the new iPod Touch 64gig.

I even had the 3 year old "helping" me for most of the install which, as with my services and clutch bleeding frolics, always makes things twice as long.

Just remember to take care with the bolts and screws - there is a mounting bolt rattling around in my console somewhere still :lol:.

If, when you say AUX port, you mean a 3.5mm jack - then no. Your only option is a harness of some kind like those that come with the XCL and DICE etc. Someone did post a link to something on eBay that looked a cheaper alternative, but there wasn't a confirmation of whether or not it worked.

With forum searching, you need to use keywords, rather than Boolean type searches. It tends to narrow things down better.

Thanks for the reply mate. :)

We have already had the unit out once before, however I didn't spot the Aux port on the back of the unit (the block connector socket that allows you to make use of the AUX function found on the CD/AUX button of the headunit). I was wondering since your model is the same satnav with premium sound system, how did you hook up your DICE unit?

Also, do you get the song info come up on the screen? :)

Cheers Steve

the dice came with the correct harness and went into the only socket that would accept it.... can't remember now what colour it was though.

I keep meaning to open it back up as I forgot to reattach the damn aerial lead :(. if I get a spate hour this weekend I'll try.

the song info doesn't go on the screen , but the iPod screen is unchanged so you can mount the thing on a brodit type mount. this makes navigation easier, although not strictly legal ;)

Don't worry too much mate, but if you do take it out, could you see if there is a spare AUX block connection port available, as this would be idea, since it will use the actual Aux button to access :)

Sounds similar to what I received however I couldn't find a socket would fit into. So I have sent it back for a refund, I have messaged XCarlink to get confirmation that their unit will fit my model. Don't want the same disappointment a 2nd time :)

Try this link.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aux+input+for+honda+accord

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

so i asume that you dont get aux and usb as standard in the accord even with the top spec, I hired a 2008 honda city in Malaysia and it had them.... kinda disappointing :unsure:

Search for the XCarlink.

dont know about the 8th gen but the 7th gen has no aux or usb.

kinda strange but i guess not many cars from the 2000s had usb/aux standard then.

I have fitted the dice duo in my 7th gen with nav and premium sound system! I have also retained the cd changer! I also got a 3.5mm cable which is perfect :) it can be done

I know this is an old thread, but I installed the x-car link into our tourer (2.0 exec) over christmas and it works a treat. Went for the option with Ipod and bluetooth.

The fitting was relatively straightforward - the trickiest part was prying the fascia away from the dash below the radio.

Also, the guide off the webs that I was following showed taking the whole radio out (including removing vents etc above the radio), but this wasn't necessary because the multi changer port is on the bottom of the head unit and could be reached with the unit in place.

Cheers ;)