What's new

Aux - Premium Sound System

TobySangster

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord Ex 2.0
Hi all,

I've been searching for hours, literal hours to try and find a solution to my problem!

I have a 2005 Accord Ex with the premium sound and disc changer. I tried to install my aux cable http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005FMYEH8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I dug a little deeper and found out that this is not compatible with the disc changer.

So my question. Is there a solution, how can I install aux into my Accord without spending silly money.

Thanks so much in advance and I appreciate any help at all!
Tobias

The term "silly money" is all relative.

Have you checked the XCarlink threads?

Thats true enough, but my original part was only 30 pounds which I thought was very affordable indeed.

The Xcarlink is 83 big ones, a fair bit more. Is it certain to work with the premium sound system?

If in doubt you can ask them.

Plenty of members have one of these though.

£83 on something that works is better value than £30 on something that doesn't ;).

True enough, and just doign some googling does the typeaccord forums get a discount, or is it just the civic ones?

Yes we do... PM a Mod or Admin member and they'll reply with it.

You'll most likely get £50 quid for it 2nd hand (if you choose to remove it) when you sell the car on, so actually not much different ;)

A cheaper option would be the dice silver line duo kit! You get an iPod connector and a aux cable :) I have it in my car and it is ace!

Have we linkage?

Hi all, same issue came across the x car link , ordered mine today £76.50 with discount code I got from them

Try Prod. ID: SKU194

Cheers

Hi all, same issue came across the x car link , ordered mine today £76.50 with discount code I got from them

Try Prod. ID: SKU194

Cheers

:lol:

You got there in the end ;)>