What's new

Backing up SAT NAV DVD

A simple DVD cloning program should do it - but the DVD-R are no good for our drives. By all accounts they knacker the laser.

Thanks Dan - Is that just a myth about the laser? Perpetuated by Honda/manufacturer to stop copying? At £250 a pop they stand to make a nice profit!
I do think its a true statement and also applies to normal CD as well.With a copy the laser has to work a lot harder hence reducing the expected life span.
How many times have you had a copy CD and it plays ok but it will nether last as long as an original disk.
Buy the way this is a back up copy from my own original disk.

Slightly off topic - friend has '03 Exec tourer which was import so sat nav is Jap. The GPS circle moves around as you drive but obviously the map is wrong. Would it work if loaded a UK map disc and where best to buy apart from dealer??

Si

Probably; but worth checking with HUK first.

I would probably say its ok but as Dan said check 1st to be 100%.As for disks you might pick one on ebay but genuine disks don't come round that often.

One thing I would want to know; will the software update from the Japanese to the English without issue?