What's new

Basic wheel question

Timmyboy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord CTDI EX
Ok, not sure if this is a really obvious question or not :)

I've got my car booked in next Saturday to get the Pentas put on - stepping up from the standard 16" rims that came with the car.

Will the wheel nuts from the original wheels be fine with the Pentas?? (I'm ***uming they will be but don't want to get caught out while at the tyre fitters)

Thanks.

And another question - I plugged in my registration on the tyre site and ordered 225 45 17's based on what it provided - however having checked on this site the recommended size is 215 45 17 for the Pentas - have I ordered the wrong damn tyres??

You'll be fine on both counts mate.

And another question - I plugged in my registration on the tyre site and ordered 225 45 17's based on what it provided - however having checked on this site the recommended size is 215 45 17 for the Pentas - have I ordered the wrong damn tyres??

Honda did recommend 225/45/17, but as said you should be fine ;)

I was referring to the 225s. Not sure who on here would have said 215?

I must be remembering wrong - I thought I checked this months ago when I bought the Pentas and found the correct tyre size in one of the forums on here, I then stuck the size in a text file and forgot about it until now.

Searching now though does find discussions on other forums and a fair few of them do mention 215's are correct, but many more state 225 as Dan mentioned above - so I don't think I did read it here after all.

Anyway, they should be fine is the result and I can finally get some better looking wheels on the car!

here in the uk we got 225/45/17's on our accords, but in america and japan they got the 215/45/17 size. Dunno who told you on here to fit the 215 section size as everyone here knows its 225/45/17.