What's new

Battery disconnection/Radio code

Ephraim

Members
Reaction score
Car
2000 2.0i VTEC SE
Hi all,

Wondering if I could get some advice on this one. When I bought my 2000 SE, it came with no service history whatsoever. Just the MOT and V5 and that was that. I checked it over and it all seemed ok, but now it's time to give it a bit of a service. I'm planning on doing the usual oil change, plugs, filters, etc... but whilst reading up on the pollen filter change, I saw mention of the radio code being needed after disconnecting the battery. I don't have a code for the radio, and don't much fancy having to pay out to fix my stereo if it locks itself.

The stereo is a Clarion 828TA with Honda branding.

Will it need a code if I disconnect the battery? If so, is there an easy way to get it in advance of doing so? Should I just not disconnect the battery? And if so, are there any particular jobs that'll require extra care?

TIA

If you don't use a code in the radio, then you should not need one if you disconnect the battery.

If you don't use a code in the radio, then you should not need one if you disconnect the battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't quite follow you, though. If it had a code, would I need to put it in every time the radio turned on or something?

Sorry for being a bit stupid.

I was wondering that too :D

7th Gen radios are coded to the engine, so no need to worry. Dunno about your version though. Certainly worth confirming first!

When disconnecting battery on my car i did have to enter code in stereo after reconnecting.

A possible option to get the code is to contact your local dealer. I have done this in the past with a previous car,dealer did ask me to bring proof of ownership & id(for obvious reasons) they were then able to look up car details on there pc and supply me with code.

That is ***uming that the stereo is the original.

A good dealer will be able to supply the code, not sure if they will charge you though