What's new

Battery flatted after service?!

So, my battery drop to 60% in 15 mins after disconnected from the charger, bloody hell :(

Well, my workmate said he can buy me a new one and bring to work tomorrow evening, so I could swap it at the car park and drive home :)

Go to charge up this old battery for the morning drive then :)

You should have had a new battery last week, at a bargain price!!! now you will get stung for something inferior. You were told that voltmeters are crap for what you are looking for, a voltage dropper is the only way, and I would bet that at least three cells on your clapped out battery are fizzing. there by putting extra strain on the alternator regulator that is trying it's hardest to keep up with the thing.

I do agree that it appears to be both.

Point 2 probably indicates that the battery is knackered, but would depend upon how completely charged the battery was before the charger was disconnected.

Point 5 almost certainly indicates that the alternator is faulty.

Your alarm went off because the battery is flat, clever people these Japanese, even if you start the diesel and remove the battery the engine will still run but the alarm will go off.

I just re connect the main battery leads and the alarm pop up again! I need to go for my appointment, what can I do?

Err...... Yes, a big thanks to everyone who spent your time and gave me opinions.
Everything seems fine so far, but I'll still observe it for the next few days :)

I still have doubts over the alternator. Do the fast idle check sometime, just to check you're getting 14.4v with all loads turned on.

100% :)

Apparently I'm doing the detailing except wheels (corroded) and interior. Also installing full LEDs and Hid.

Will post up a new thread and photos soon