What's new

Battery Replacement Question

chesjak

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord I-ctdi
Hi

If I replace my car battery on my Accord I-CTDi is it just a straight forward one off one on job or will I have to re-initialize any radio/alarm etc codes and if so how.

I am looking at a Varta silver grade battery 77ah 780 cca. Is this as good as the one I am taking off ie original Delphi

Any help appreciated

No codes for your radio.

Yep, straightforward and no special worries. The Honda OEM Delphi (now Johnson) batteries take some beating and HH can be pretty damn keen on price with the TA discount.

Holdcroft Honda. They do discounts for Forum Members, Private Message me if you want the discount code ;) . Phone them up, tell them you're from TA and the discount code and they'll do you a discount and normally I think free postage too.

Apologies for the abbreviations... and thanks to Steve for clarifying. I can be a bit of a LB sometimes!

Delivery was free when I bought my battery from Holdcroft last year (which was £49 from memory, during a special promotion). It was because the original Delphi had lasted well for 8 years that made me want another one. Plus the Ahr and CCA figures were amongst the best.

Hi Jon_G

I telephoned HH as suggested and asked them about the battery. Spoke with Garath in parts and he said that the battery they now sell for the Accord is made by Varta (Johnsons) and is the same spec as the Varta silver range with 77ah and 780cca.

He gave me a price of £75.50 but with TA discount it would cost £51.59 delivered and delivered tomorrow. He quoted a 3yr guarantee for some reason. Varta do a five year on this as well as most other sellers. Why the difference I wonder. Hope the quality has not bee compromised.

Excellent price and delivery time and excellent service from Garath. If only I had heard of HH before now. I will make them my first port of call for anything else in future.

Thanks for telling me about them.

Regards