What's new

Battery woes

Knightmare

Members
Reaction score
Car
7G 2.4 Type S
Evening all

Have any of you changed your battery yet on a type s or even any of them . Mine seems a bit weak. the lights dim when the stereo is on, as well as a couple of other things but the main thing is to me she is struggling to start. My prelude starts on first time as soon as the key is beginning to turn but the accord takes a couple of revolutions of the engine before she fires and that's just not right to me but
I'm not sure what battery to go for because halfords list the wrong for the type s which is not going to fit at all so what have you guys done ?

cheers all

paul.

Hi mate
Get a multimeter and check voltage before getting a battery. Could be the alternator

The weathers better down this way tmw so i'll defo do that.....

paul

Check your voltage before starting and again once the car is running just to make sure your alternator is all good . If the voltage checks out fine you may need to drop test the battery as well to see what condition it's in under cranking load. It's also worth checking the terminals plus earth points.

If its been below freezing for sometime where you are are there's a good chance that the battery has frozen and bent the plates inside ( if the plates are bent the battery will be u/s ).

If you do need a battery Holdcroft are still doing genuine with warranty for less than £40 delivered, I've just got one 2 weeks ago

Well i did a quick test this morning . the battery is 12.6 volts and the alternator is putting out 14.15 volts. seems ok to me ?

I forgot to add the car was sat for 7 months before i bought her..

I know what you mean, I have the same "issue".

I talked to the head mechanic at work (Honda Nordic, official importer for the entire Nordic and Baltic region) and he said that the 7th gen Accord does that. It's nothing wrong, he recalled that when the 7th gen Accord was launched they had a few customers complaining about it.

Don't know if there is a fix for it though.