What's new

best car washing products and method ?

johnmaud

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone can advise on a good product or method that wont leave any watermarks after I give the accord its weekly wash. There are that many products on the market now I wouldn't know what to choose. I was toying on the idea of buying a snow foam lance and snow foam and using this then rinsing off. But I have also seen other products like like demon shine where you just spray it on the motor after a wash and leave it to dry naturally.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Just wondering if anyone can advise on a good product or method that wont leave any watermarks after I give the accord its weekly wash.

miracle_dry.jpg

:lol:

No seriously a good towel is important. I tend to use Sonax wash using 2 bucket and towel dry. If I'm gonna spend a day on it I also do clay bar with quik detailer, polish and then some proper solid wax.

No seriously a good towel is important. I tend to use Sonax wash using 2 bucket and towel dry. If I'm gonna spend a day on it I also do clay bar with quik detailer, polish and then some proper solid wax.
Thanks for that trev. Front bumper could defo do with clay bar its something I have never had a go at. Tempted to try the meguiars shampoo, and meguiars clay bar they got some excellent reviews on halfords website. I have used meguiars compound, polish and wax all with good results.

I'd highly recommend the Autoglym line up of products, easily accesible,

Personally I use

Rinse

Cheap Wheel cleaner and a wheel brush

2 Bucket method with a lambswool mitt with Autoglym Shampoo, once I've finished the whole car I use a small microfibre glove to wash the wheels

Dry with MICROFIBRE TOWELS, get microfibre towels, they're absolutely amazing, just so much easier and quicker than struggling about with a Chamois or normal towels, I got some Kent towels of amazon at £3 a piece, they're fairly large and two will do the whole car easily

Every 3/4 months, I go out with Autoglym Super Resin Polish or Ultra Deep Shine and use a microfiibre applicator and "polish" the car

Then I use Turtle Wax high gloss Wax or Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection to keep the shine up

Not stupid at all, i didn't know it until a year ago

What it is is you have two buckets, one you fill 3/4 with water only, the other you have your shampoo and water solution.

You rinse yourmitt in the water only solution and wring it out, then dip it in the water and shampoo bucket and wash one panel. Once you've finished washing that panel, you then rinse the mitt in the water only bucket and repeat the process. You'll notice that as you keep doing this there's a lot of dirt in the water only bucket, this method prevents that dirt from going back on the car and scratching the paintwork as you wash, giving you a better result.

Thanks for all the information lads. Gunna defo start using the 2 bucket method with meguiars shampoo. Also gunna try the meguiars clay bar on me front bumper.

Make sure you clay the car. You only need to do that twice a year, but the results are worth it.

I found it easier than the polishing! About the same amount of time as waxing?

personally I don't use a bucket for cleaning my car anymore.. I have an autobrite direct snowfoam lance and magnifoam... rinse car off.. then snowfoam and leave it to drip off.. then rinse it... use a heavy thick microfiber towel to dry the full car and leave it for half an hour... once every month I bring out my polisher and polish each panel.. using either super resin or some of autobrites polish.. then a use 50/50 chemical guys wax and leave it to cure over 4 hours while doing the inside... (hoover) autobrites blueberry trim gel.. windows get a coat of rainx antifog inside and rainx original on the outside.. then go back outside an buff off the wax.. getting a good polishing microfiber to go over and make sure everythings off... then I dress my tyres with meguirs tyre gel.. leave it to dry then apply another coat of it..