What's new

best carnauba wax

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
well guys im after some carnauba wax for the car(black pearl) and was wondering what are the best carnauba wax on the market,im a big meguiars fan so didnt want to just pick their products over anything else,so i thought i would ask away here...so please state the best carnauba wax you have used and pics will be a great help too,many thanks guys,mo,suf, ukaccord B)

well guys im after some carnauba wax for the car(black pearl) and was wondering what are the best carnauba wax on the market,im a big meguiars fan so didnt want to just pick their products over anything else,so i thought i would ask away here...so please state the best carnauba wax you have used and pics will be a great help too,many thanks guys,mo,suf, ukaccord B)
Iv nether used this Bro but will be interesting what shows up :) Im thinking about HD wax from AG at the min.

Iv nether used this Bro but will be interesting what shows up :) Im thinking about HD wax from AG at the min.

I really rate that stuff. It lasts for ages.

Dodo Juice Purple haze is great on black cars but it won't last half as long as the HD wax. Its very easy to apply and remove though.

But for a long long lasting pretty easy to use wax HD wax gets 2 thumbs up from me.
Suff you should polish with Poorboys black hole and then seal it with HD wax. It will look the nuts.

You can apply this stuff with a DA and it only takes 5 minutes to do the whole car and comes off a dream.
poorboys-black-hole.jpg

dodo juice supernatural hybrid good long lasting glossy hybrid wax, bout 3-5 months durability.

nattys red very nice wax, but durability is about as long as a mars bar in the sun!

dodo juice blue velvet supercharged good performer in looks and durability.

I have all 3 of these waxes and could send you a sample pot if you wanted so you could try them before you buy,just need you to cover the postage cost if you wanted to.

I also have a few more waxes if you wanted to try someting other than i have listed.

Jamie S

Thankyou for the reply guys..and thankyou Jamie for the kind offer bud :) so much to choose from and it will be my first time using the carnauba wax so excited to get using it..just leaves me the difficult job of choosing one lol

Last weekend I am used carnauba wax meguiars.Result was beutifull.

I use Mcguires wax, 3 stages and it comes out great. Might have to try the PoorBoy wax though. Always open to new ideas and suggestions

For price and durability, you won't go wrong with Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance.
iv been reading some good review on collinite 915, seems to be well recommended, iv been looking at zaino,but cant seem to find any..

I cannot say it is the best but I like AG HD and I prefer to apply it to a wet / rinsed paintwork, it seems to given a more even coat and appears to make it even more durable (but it might be in my mind)

There are lots of other great products out there, I've noticed that Gtechniq have now brought out C3 smart Carnuba gtechniq , having used a few gtechniq products they are very good and I suspect this would be worth a shout also.

There are lots of other great products out there, I've noticed that Gtechniq have now brought out C3 smart Carnuba gtechniq , having used a few gtechniq products they are very good and I suspect this would be worth a shout also.

i have got C3 and it is a very good product, but saying that if you are going to use a spray then the new Gtechniq C1.5 does out perfom it in every way in my honest opinion.

I have been using Gtechniq now for 6 months and found that all products work extremely well with my honda paint.

hth

Jamie s

i have got C3 and it is a very good product, but saying that if you are going to use a spray then the new Gtechniq C1.5 does out perfom it in every way in my honest opinion.

I have been using Gtechniq now for 6 months and found that all products work extremely well with my honda paint.

hth

Jamie s

I agree with the exception of C1 they are easy to apply, and last ages. When I bought from them C1.5 and C3 were not around. so as of yet not tried them.

I did a post on the gtechniq stuff I had as not many people had heard of it then, maybe next time your doing your car you could add to it, or indeed do a separate thread if you have time.

not a problem, i will do a review / how to with Gtechnic.

As refrance to C1 this has now been changed to make it easier to apply and will be renamed C1+.
It will come as a kit of C1+ and C1.5, the main diffrence being that the main crystal part now has a longer work time and and even longer resistance to acid, uv and genral weathering.

This is scheduled by Rob at Gtechnic for release next week at some point, and C4 and C5 wil pe replaced with this new formula. (C1,C4 & C5 was all the same product anyway as will be the new one)

I do not work of have any ***ociation with Gtechniq, just think they have some very good products.

Hope this helps in some way

Jamie S

not a problem, i will do a review / how to with Gtechnic.

As refrance to C1 this has now been changed to make it easier to apply and will be renamed C1+.
It will come as a kit of C1+ and C1.5, the main diffrence being that the main crystal part now has a longer work time and and even longer resistance to acid, uv and genral weathering.

This is scheduled by Rob at Gtechnic for release next week at some point, and C4 and C5 wil pe replaced with this new formula. (C1,C4 & C5 was all the same product anyway as will be the new one)

I do not work of have any ***ociation with Gtechniq, just think they have some very good products.

Hope this helps in some way

Jamie S

That's excellent news about the C1+ which will be going on a little list ;)

Totally agree with the good products sentiment btw

I agree. It spreads more equally over the surface when wet. Too much resistance if the car body is dry I find. Great finish though.

Welcome along Peter

It does make it a lot easier to apply and like you say it gives a good finish, especially on the darker colours like Black etc.
We've got a pirates black Accord also and it really does give it a good deep shine.

What colour have you got Peter, your profile says you haven't got a car, but I suspect you just haven't filed that section in.

I agree. It spreads more equally over the surface when wet. Too much resistance if the car body is dry I find. Great finish though.
Welcome to TA Peter introduce yourself mate in the newbie section.

I'm confused r wax & polish different products if so what order should they be applied I recently used auto glym super resin see my ride thread but was told offish cos of layering it

I'm confused r wax & polish different products if so what order should they be applied I recently used auto glym super resin see my ride thread but was told offish cos of layering it

you should always :
wash
polish
seal
wax

you should always :
wash
polish
seal
wax
thats pretty much right...

polish is there to clean your paintwork and make it shiny again(contains abrasives too)
wax products coat your car in a protective layer(natural or silicone based)