What's new

Best oil 2.2 ctdi

MARKSGTR

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Sport
Hi i just bought a 2005 Honda Accord 2.2i ctdi sport. It has 215,000 miles on the clock. What would the best oil be to use for a service on it.. Thanks

***uming that ROI models don't have a DPF (?) then any 0w-30 will be good.

Personally I agree with those that change the oil well before the 12,500 mile /20k Km interval.

Jon_G said:
***uming that ROI models don't have a DPF (?) then any 0w-30 will be good.

Personally I agree with those that change the oil well before the 12,500 mile /20k Km interval
How will i know if it has a DPF..

NO DPF on yours, 0-30 fully synth from lubetech see ad at bottom of page. Change it every 6,000, looking at the milage on yours I suspect that has been the schedule. Good luck with it, Nothing wrong with the later idtec's either, it's the drivers who goose them. LOL

edgeoftime said:
NO DPF on yours, 0-30 fully synth from lubetech see ad at bottom of page. Change it every 6,000, looking at the milage on yours I suspect that has been the schedule. Good luck with it, Nothing wrong with the later idtec's either, it's the drivers who goose them. LOL
Some European Honda i_CTDi models were fitted with DPFs (and they were an optional extra on some UK models).

Glad you've never had a problem John, but my car use these day (frequent short journeys) rules out any DPF-equipped vehicle for me. Shame really, because I'll miss the pleasure of driving a diesel.

I am yet to be convinced that Honda's are as bad as they are made out to be, would be nice if Premier tuning have records of surgery done, call me an optimist if you like when mine packs up I will let you all KNOW ABOUT IT. The mayor of London will have to press Teresa with a good scrappage scheme before I gave up on them. I have a feeling that petrol will be the next HATE campaign to be raised by the greens, they seem to have killed the dual fuel train of thought, but I have no knowledge of why that went awry.

The Greens here were instrumental in increasing the market share of diesels to over 70% due to favourable tax rates.
If they start hammering diesel drivers then they will feel the wrath of plenty of diesel purchasers, I think they won't really be happy until we are all sandal wearing, muesli munching and cycling to work, and driving a shared electric car when needed.
B'stards.