What's new

binding rear n/s caliper

mightyspur

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
The rear near side brake caliper appears to be binding to the disc and causing a "blue" affect on the disc. It was mentioned to me the caliper wasn't releasing properly when I took it in to Honda last time and was taking a bit longer to release. They said it may mean the caliper needs replacing.

There is quite a bit of corrosion on the calipers etc, so I think I need to just accept it needs replacing. However I have heard it can be quite an expensive part and I should get refurbed rather than new.

Before I speak to Honda can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for part and labour to get it sorted? I've heard the caliper alone can cost over £400 so with labour it could easily turn into a 750-1k job.

I've got the same problem with my OSR caliper, theres a few posts on here regarding seized calipers already.

As far as i can see you can get these:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/133600431/p/home

However I'm wondering whether just replacing the pistons and seals will do the job?

If you do get refurbed calipers I would also replaced the flexible hoses as these break up on the inside and fill the res behind the piston.