What's new

Bit of a fender bender!

t111bul

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Ex Tourer
Hi guys,

I was on my way to work on Monday morning when the car behind me decided to use me to stop, it didn't go well!!

P1030806.jpg

P1030797.jpg

P1030799.jpg

P1030802.jpg

P1030804.jpg

I had a letter today from the insurance to say it's a right off!! Shame i've just changed all to flexi hoses, 1 solid brake pipe, track rod end, battery and wipers all round!! and a new rear light yes the broken one!

Tim

THAT IS A RIGHT OFF!!! :eek:

Sorry dude that is a harsh decision. Would it be worth contesting?

What year and model is it?

Oh well... could be worse then - try and pinch the alloys off it first though - say they were a gift or summut ;).

I have only had 1 car wrote off so im not that clued up on this.
If they pay out can you still buy the car back and do the repairs your self

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Well I wouldn't let the insurance company find out that their offer is more than you paid for it as they will drop their offer to cost less depreciation. You're not allowed to make a profit out of these sort of things.

Some insurance companies won't let you buy them back as they have contracts with salvage companies who buy the cars from them then auction them. There's only 3 or 4 that won't let you buy them back, Hastings (and their parent company) is one of them.

But if you let the car go have the wheels and everything else off it, and out of it, then sell them for a few quid.

Matt

My thoughts exactly. Years ago this happened to my dad and he was back driving the dame car under the same policy a week later,

I've been and got my tax disc and number plates off the car, i asked about the wheels and they said if i had a spare set to put on i could of had them! Too much hassle so i've let them go, they wern't the best spray job anyway.

I've been and got my tax disc and number plates off the car, i asked about the wheels and they said if i had a spare set to put on i could of had them! Too much hassle so i've let them go, they wern't the best spray job anyway.
This is very sad Tim i feel for you.But there is one good thing that nobody was hurt.You can replace a car not a life.
So get your claim and get looking for another Accord ;)

I would say getting more than what you paid a few years back is a major result and it brings its open new opportunities.

Hope you weren't hurt mate, but sounds like a good result all things considered. Yep Captain would make that brand spanking new in no time ;)