What's new

Blower Voice Comands

mikmock

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 06
Can anyone tell me if there is a voice command to switch on just the blower without turning on the A/C?

Thanks

MM

Off the top of my head you probably have to tell it to turn the a/c off then tell it to turn the fan speed up.

You can get a list of commands up on the screen try pressing Info and then there is something like Help or something similar.

You will get a list where you can choose from Radio/Climate voice commands.

Off the top of my head you probably have to tell it to turn the a/c off then tell it to turn the fan speed up.

You can get a list of commands up on the screen try pressing Info and then there is something like Help or something similar.

You will get a list where you can choose from Radio/Climate voice commands.
Thanks...

there is no command to accualy tell you to turn on just the blower on the help list.....When everything is off I would like to start up just the blower... the only comand i found was the one you suggested. "A/C OFF". Although that works fine, it sounds a bit silly why there isnt a comand such as "BLOWER ON"

There are loads:

Climate control Automatic
Climate control On/Off
Air conditioner On/Off
Climate control fresh Air
Climate control recirculate
Climate control Vent
Climate control bi-level (floor and vent)
Climate control floor
Climate control floor and defrost
Fan Speed Up
Fan Speed down
Fan Speed 1 (2, 3, 4, 5)

Or the German or Italian variant

"Blower" is just one of you weird foreigner words :lol:

Yep - you should see the list for the Navigation commands...

Not sure if it works on non-sat nav... worth a try but, these commands are listed in the sat nav handbook.

You can get HFT without satnav can't you? Isn't it part of the HFT system?

Pretty sure it is part of the Sat Nav Head Unit. No mention in the main handbook of voice commands.

There are loads:

Climate control Automatic
Climate control On/Off
Air conditioner On/Off
Climate control fresh Air
Climate control recirculate
Climate control Vent
Climate control bi-level (floor and vent)
Climate control floor
Climate control floor and defrost
Fan Speed Up
Fan Speed down
Fan Speed 1 (2, 3, 4, 5)

Or the German or Italian variant

Read again buddy.

The last three lines. ;)

Yeah i did.....but dosn't say if you can just turn on the blower does it?
I don't think anyone else has ever had cause to want to do that. Why don't you print off the list and try some different combinations?

The Fan is the blower. If the AC is already off, it shouldn't turn on. Tell it to run at fan speed whatever, and away you go surely?

What are you trying to achieve anyway?

I find it far quicker to just press a couple of buttons to be honest.

Sorry about this.. what i am trying to do is simply turn on the fan (blower) on without having to put on the AC too...all i need is the fan on (NO AC)...FAN SPEED comand will turn on AC too. then i have to give command AC OFF to operate just the fan...hope you understand what i am trying to achieve!

Thanks

MM

But if the system has the AC off when you turn off the engine; when you next start the car, it should remain off? Have to admit to have never tested this as the missus and I have running battles over the AC/Open window debate.

But if that ***umption is true, then commanding the Fan to speed x should leave the AC off, no? Won't be able to test until tomorrow evening at the earliest, but I to have been a little perplexed by the AC/Fan/On/Off control arrangement to the point where i leave it on Auto, and set the temperature, or off and open a window.

Still interested to know why you have these specific requirements. Is it for engine heat management? General dislike of AC (totally understand that one ;)), problem solving?

But if the system has the AC off when you turn off the engine; when you next start the car, it should remain off? Have to admit to have never tested this as the missus and I have running battles over the AC/Open window debate.

But if that ***umption is true, then commanding the Fan to speed x should leave the AC off, no? Won't be able to test until tomorrow evening at the earliest, but I to have been a little perplexed by the AC/Fan/On/Off control arrangement to the point where i leave it on Auto, and set the temperature, or off and open a window.

Still interested to know why you have these specific requirements. Is it for engine heat management? General dislike of AC (totally understand that one ;)), problem solving?

No, the reason is that sometimes on not such a hot day i dont need the AC on just the bower! I mean in previous cars i owned you just turn the blower on if you just needed the blower.

I have a full list of acceptable commands in Word format that I think was originally on the THAOC forum and the only commands that I can see to do with fan speed, air con, temperature etc are these. Most of which have already been posted by Dan

Climate Control Commands

The system accepts these commands on most screens.

English Commands

Climate Control Full Automatic

(Controls temperature to 22 degrees C.)

Climate Control Automatic

(Controls temperature to your selection.)

Climate Control On
Climate Control Off
Air Conditioner On
Air Conditionar Off
Climate Control Fresh Air
Climate Control Recirculate
Climate Control Vent
Climate Control Bi-Level

(Vent and floor)

Climate Control Floor
Fan Speed Up
Fan Speed Down
Fan Speed # (#: 1-7)

(For best voice control, keep fan speed at 1 or 2.)

Temperature Voice Commands

The system accepts these commands on most screens.

English Commands

Temperature # Degrees (#: 15 to 29 degrees C)
Temperature Up
Temperature Down
Temperature Max Hot
Temperature Max Cold
Temperature Balance
Temperature Dual Mode On
Temperature Dual Mode Off
Driver Temperature # Degrees (#: 15 to 29 degrees C)
Passenger Temperature # Degrees (#: 15 to 29 degrees C)

The "Auto" feature should take care of all that though...

From the manual...

To put the climate control in fully automatic mode, press the AUTO button. The indicator light in the button will light. Then set the desired temperature by pressing the temperature buttons.

The system automatically selects the proper mix of conditioned air and/or heated air will, as quickly as possible, raise or lower the interior temperature from its current level to the set temperature.

When you turn the A/C off, the system cannot regulate the inside temperature if you set it below the outside temperature. With the A/C off, use the temperature control buttons to adjust the temperature of the air flow to a comfortable setting

Going back to our aftermarket thread... we have the sunlight sensor and the temperature sensor on next to the steering column... Would love to know how the passenger temperature is calculated from the driver's side....