What's new

Blown Headlight Bulbs 7th Gen 2.2 EX

Another one? You do seem to be going through a lot...

My HID kit was fitted in June 2008, I've only been through one bulb so far.

Another one? You do seem to be going through a lot...

My HID kit was fitted in June 2008, I've only been through one bulb so far.

HID Kit arrived today, the Ballasts are smaller than I expected so should not be a problem locating them? just need a hole drill for the rear light covers I think I will do it that way in case of problems later would like everything in easy reach, will try to install them tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

HID Kit arrived today, the Ballasts are smaller than I expected so should not be a problem locating them? just need a hole drill for the rear light covers I think I will do it that way in case of problems later would like everything in easy reach, will try to install them tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Not had chance to fit them yet, had a quick look for the wiring connections could not see them any advice where to look for them? I hope the headlights do not have to be removed?

I think you'll struggle unless you take the headlights out but might be possible if your drilling the rear covers rather than base. If ypu decide to take the headlights out you'll need to remove the front bumper. If you do a search there are a few guides to help.

I think you'll struggle unless you take the headlights out but might be possible if your drilling the rear covers rather than base. If ypu decide to take the headlights out you'll need to remove the front bumper. If you do a search there are a few guides to help.

Yes I am going to Drill the rear headlight covers, I couldn't see the headlight connections, can they be got at without removing the Headlights?

Yes I am going to Drill the rear headlight covers, I couldn't see the headlight connections, can they be got at without removing the Headlights?

Yes they can be got at but its a squeeze. I f you take off the cap you will see a pink and black cable inside the housing. Just unplug the wires from the bulb and connect to the HID kit.

Pink is positive and black is negative. (both sides)

You should really take out the headlights. In the facelifted ones there is a nice space under them for mounting on the ballast. Do the fulls and spots while you are at it. I did, they are great.

You should really take out the headlights. In the facelifted ones there is a nice space under them for mounting on the ballast. Do the fulls and spots while you are at it. I did, they are great.

To be honest I ***umed that the push fit connector on the HID Kit would just push fit into the Honda's Headlight loom?

The power goes into the headlight through a nice tidy connector that is weather sealed bounce inside it then goes to a couple of spade terminals which go the bulb. Slightly different to past cars where usually there the power goes direct to the bulb without the little patch cable.

The power goes into the headlight through a nice tidy connector that is weather sealed bounce inside it then goes to a couple of spade terminals which go the bulb. Slightly different to past cars where usually there the power goes direct to the bulb without the little patch cable.
So do I need to use some form of spade terminal connector to bridge the connection to the HID Kit, the Kit I have has a Red push fit connector with 2 tiny male connectors inside one positive the other negative?

The two male connectors connect to the two connectors that go direct to the bulb. I changed them for my own connectors as the ones suppplied didn't seem to hold very well.

The two male connectors connect to the two connectors that go direct to the bulb. I changed them for my own connectors as the ones suppplied didn't seem to hold very well.

Thanks for the Help Paul will attempt to fit them early this week when I get a few hours free, need to get them fitted quickly still going through bulbs every few days.

Thanks for the Help Paul will attempt to fit them early this week when I get a few hours free, need to get them fitted quickly still going through bulbs every few days.

Well I fitted the HID's Kit today alot easier than I thought it would be, anyway there is only one side working, I checked the fuses etc and refitted the original Halogen Bulb back in to see if all was ok with the circuit, and it was ok, so it seems there may be a problem with the Ballast or the Bulb? ebay seller wants me to test the Bulb and the ballast on the working side to identify the problem will have to do that tomorrow, one thing I have noticed is the automatic setting for the headlights as stopped working I have to go to full manual on the stalk to work the headlights, is this normal when we fit the HID's?

So right now I am 50% happy :D

Well I fitted the HID's Kit today alot easier than I thought it would be, anyway there is only one side working, I checked the fuses etc and refitted the original Halogen Bulb back in to see if all was ok with the circuit, and it was ok, so it seems there may be a problem with the Ballast or the Bulb? ebay seller wants me to test the Bulb and the ballast on the working side to identify the problem will have to do that tomorrow, one thing I have noticed is the automatic setting for the headlights as stopped working I have to go to full manual on the stalk to work the headlights, is this normal when we fit the HID's?

So right now I am 50% happy :D

That's unlucky with the bulb/ballast. Not sure what you mean by full auto.?? Do you have auto head lights.? if so it wont matter what bulbs you are using. The sensor is on the screen alongside the rain sensor the bulbs have nothing to do with it.

This may seem a silly question, But you did check that the positive and negative were the correct way. Only saying this because i spent half an hour checking fuses etc only to find out that i had wired it up wrong.

My last set had a faulty ballast. The Chinese seller was brilliant and asked me to photograph it with the wires cut. I paid for quicker postage and we were both happy.

My last set had a faulty ballast. The Chinese seller was brilliant and asked me to photograph it with the wires cut. I paid for quicker postage and we were both happy.

Yes seller seems happy to help in this case too, not sure what the problem is, wires are in the right place so I suspect the Ballast or the Bulb wil update tomorrow.

I was wrong about the auto setting the lights are working on auto as well.

Yes seller seems happy to help in this case too, not sure what the problem is, wires are in the right place so I suspect the Ballast or the Bulb wil update tomorrow.

I was wrong about the auto setting the lights are working on auto as well.
Tested the Ballast on the working side this afternoon and the Ballast worked fine so I thought must be the bulb?, anyway I decided to install the bulb again and see if it was something else? this time around it worked not sure why its working now but it is, so I have 2 very bright clear headlights at present , thanks for all your help.

Dale

It's always the way mate. They have protection circuits built into the ballasts so you may have screwed up the wiring first time round or possibly a bad earth.

It's always the way mate. They have protection circuits built into the ballasts so you may have screwed up the wiring first time round or possibly a bad earth.

I think I spoke too soon, I was right the first time after I installed the HID Kit only one side was working I knew I had the connections right its only 2 wires after all, anyway after a brief stop tonight I got back into the car and I only had one headlight which was a bit disappointing really, I drove with one headlight for a while then I briefly turned the lights off and on while I was driving and then both Lights where suddenly working again and have been all night since? so maybe there is a problem somewhere? Does this suggest anything to anyone?

I would say ballast. Mine did exactly the same. Sometimes it came on and sometimes it didn't. Once changed it was 100%.

Yep, sounds like a damaged ballast.