What's new

Blue ambient lighting in the footwell: How bright are yours?

FarHanSolo

Members
Reaction score
Car
iDTEC Tourer
I have blue ambient footwell lighting that seems really dim.

I'm not expecting a massive Fast and Furious blue glow around my size 8 shows but thought these babies would be at least a little bit brighter. (I know First World Problems)

The one pointing down at the cupholders is a welcome addition and just fine for its brightness.

However, the ones in the passenger and driver's footwell are pretty dim.

I've had a look at them and cleaned the "lens" and I know the brightness is controlled by the instrument panel rheostat and that has had no impact on them.

Do they meet your expectations as they seem pretty lushy in the brochure? Maybe it's the marketing guys adding brightness in Photoshop, lol

FarHanSolo said:
I have blue ambient footwell lighting that seems really dim.

Maybe it's the marketing guys adding brightness in Photoshop, lol
wouldn't surprise me these days; nothings never what it appears to be when viewed in real life, and I could point to many big companies who try to pull the wool over our eyes to sell things!

Yeah theres a little cover over them to protect them, but you can take it off to increase the brightness. You only really notice them on a dark road with no street lights.

Its been discussed on here and Honda Karma before, so you should be able to find a guide.