What's new

Bluetooth Calls

james2512

Members
Reaction score
Car
C220 AMG Sport Plus
Quick question,

When in the car and the phone rings, the mobile number calling is displayed in the speedo trip computer along with a little phone icon.

Is it possible for the car display the callers name if there number is stored in my phone or in the cars phone book?????

I have the entire phone book uploaded in to the car but find dilling from the sat nav can sometimes just not work. Instead of the usual 'dilling the number from the navigation system' the system will just go quiet for around 20 seconds before going back to the music. Its always done this.

I don't know but it would be useful if you could,bluetooth is a great work tool apart from when she cannot understand the number i am saying, makes me laugh when
she reads a made up number back to me, could be my Yorkshire accent :p

Jay im not 100% about the 8th gen but 7th gen don't.

This is someone I have also been looking into as I get alot of work calls when on the move and it would help if you knew how was calling. I have read the manual cover to cover and not found any info on this. My car is on for a service in the next couple of work might ask about it then. If I find anything out I will post it.

Tony

Thanks Guys,

I did ask the Honda dealer but didn't really get a clear answer. I know between the 8th gen and 7th gen, one of the differences with the bluetooth is that on the 8th gen I can automatically upload my phone book to the car, but also find a number in my phone and just hit dial where in the 7th gen i hear this is not possible? I know the wife's 06 Civic is voice activated only.

As most of you guys the phone is for work 99% of the time and I was thinking that if the dials can dispplay the number ringing then surely it must be able to display their phonebook name?

Oh well another Honda myth.

Too be honest I'd of expected it to do that if it shows the number so if it doesn't what were honda thinking of!

The Insignia abortion I had did this automatically. One aspect of the car I really liked. I wasn't expecting it - gave me a bit of a surprise when peoples names started flashing up I can tell you.

ah thought as much, never mind. Shame really when compared to other systems out there the Honda Sat Nav/Phone seems to be getting outdate and looking very old!