Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2 EX
Hi,

Accord 2012 with SatNav, HFT etc
I have a phone paired with the ICE - as call audio only according to my phone
This works
I tend to stream music from a USB key, or an iPod attached to the car USB.

I have several GPS Camera notification systems that I am testing on the phone - but they all (but one) suffer from the same problem. They won't play warnings through the car speakers, AND the volume from the phone isn't good enough to be heard over the ICE. The one app that does play through the car speakers pretends to be a phone call, which works, but is not my preferred app.

I am guessing that the key is a2dp, and stream music from the phone in some manner - but that seems impossible, as in the car does not support that BT profile.
Also, I am guessing that the phone warning messages would only work if I was streaming from the phone, and wouldn't work if I was using a CD or the radio

Anyone got any ideas or working solutions?

One idea I have thought of is pairing the phone with some small BT speakers for a2dp, and the HFT using the phone profile. I am ***uming that this is possible. I might buy some cheap nasty BT speakers to test the concept.

Another possibility is to use http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=302&cat=3&page=1
However I wonder what the repercussions / implications would be

Regards

Sean

Testing would appear to indicate that the separate speaker idea is a worker - which is good - as its a way forward

Sean