What's new

Bluetooth kit

dpatel

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
Hi - first post so hello to all...

Looking to get a bluetooth car kit for my Honda Accord (2003 UK). I believe it is non-premium system. I don't have sat-nav or CD changer.

I want to do music streaming (A2DP) so was thinking of the Parrot MK6000. Anyone have any experience with it? I read elsewhere that someone (USA) had some issues in their Honda. The biggest issue for me was he couldn't get it to mute radio on incoming call because there is no mute line in the vehicle. Is this also true of UK Accords?

Would anyone recommend anything else in a similar price range (<£100 incl any harness adapters)?

Thanks!

try looking at Xcarlink mate. They are a popular choice on here

try looking at Xcarlink mate. They are a popular choice on here

Thanks,

Quick search shows they are around £125 incl the bluetooth kit. Was really hoping to keep it closer to £100. Are the xcarlinks better than parrot? If there are better features then I might consider paying the extra.

Check IO Play. I installed one in my Accord , and it also streams music. I paid £60 for mine on ebay. With the correct autoleads cable it will mute the radio.

Check IO Play. I installed one in my Accord , and it also streams music. I paid £60 for mine on ebay. With the correct autoleads cable it will mute the radio.

Thanks - will check it out. How did you find out which leads you require?

Or better still would you know which lead I'd need (car details in first post).

I think this or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOT-071-eqv-ISO-Honda-Accord-Civic-CR-V-FR-V-HR-V-/320631013903?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item4aa719020fsomething similar is what you need. Contact the company and they will provide you with the correct product.