What's new

Bluetooth module blocking all soundsystem

Economic

Members
Reaction score
Car
54 plate 2.2 CTDI ex
Hi all.

Had a quick search on the forum but couldn't find anything.

So all of a sudden after starting the car in the morning, my bluetooth module has not allowed any output from the premium sound system-whether I have a phone connected or not.

I have tried the reset procedure (with "reset success") but this hasn't solved the issue, the speakers sound like I have an active call on a bluetooth phone.

I'm actually lost!

Any idea how to remedy this?

Not sure if these are related but my wife left the sunroof open the night before this happened and I have a cm of water in the car.

Also, I need my radiator changed because it has been leaking coolant for about 4 months (I've only recently discovered the cause of my constant topping up).

Thanks all!

Ok small troubleshooting, I left the radio on, and after starting the car, the radio plays out of the speakers until the Bluetooth beeps, then I just get the normal Bluetooth silence /crackling.

Any ideas please?

It sounds like the bluetooth module has gone faulty and wanting to connect to a phone all the time.

The bluetooth modules in the 7th gen accords are junk, known issues for them to fail.

Best bet is to disconnect them all together. They are located under the section where the centre vents are. Just discconect the green connector to the bluetooht unit.
Your stereo should work now.

Heres a DIY of how to find the Bluetooth unit

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/?p=19836

accord_n22 said:
It sounds like the bluetooth module has gone faulty and wanting to connect to a phone all the time.

The bluetooth modules in the 7th gen accords are junk, known issues for them to fail.

Best bet is to disconnect them all together. They are located under the section where the centre vents are. Just discconect the green connector to the bluetooht unit.
Your stereo should work now.

Heres a DIY of how to find the Bluetooth unit

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/?p=19836
Thank you so much.

That was my plan but didn't know where to start. HOWEVER, a few days ago I started wiping down the windows with cloths (as opposed to just using the demisters)(I ***ume I've been getting more condensation due to the sunroof being left open on a rainy night) and having the heater on for an hour in an attempt to evaporate the current water, followed by full open windows and sunroof to replace the humid air...

...and now my stereo and bluetooth seem to be behaving themselves.

Very very unexpected.

But glad to know where it is so I can remove it in case it returns!

Thanks.

Your welcome. Glad it seemed to have sorted it self out.

The Bluetooth units can also cause a battery drain issue too as it doesn't switch itself off. That's if you dont use your car often.

Something to keep in mind.

if you are having an issue with condensation in the car, get yourself a couple of dehumidifier bags. A couple of 1kg ones will suffice, leave one on the dash when you park up and swap them over every week. That cures the issue and also helps with condensation on the CD and DVD player lens which can cause issues reading discs.

Heckler said:
if you are having an issue with condensation in the car, get yourself a couple of dehumidifier bags. A couple of 1kg ones will suffice, leave one on the dash when you park up and swap them over every week. That cures the issue and also helps with condensation on the CD and DVD player lens which can cause issues reading discs.
Thanks for this. Are any reusable? I have found this at a tenner each https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Car-Dehumidifier-1-Pack/dp/B074DDQ629 are the rest that state reusable also only reusable around 4 times? Thanks for your help.

Sorry, not been around for weeks... Those are the type I meant but you can find them cheaper. I picked up two 1kg bags for about £12 and I then picked up another after I thought I'd lost one (eventually found it). So now I keep one on the rear parcelk shelf and one that I can throw up on the dash when I park up.

Now I just get some fogging, that the HVAC can take care off quickly.

As for the reusable side of things... they simply need to be dried out every now and again. How often depends on how much moisture they absorb. I keep a spare handy in the house... so all I do is take one out of the car as soon as I notice any condensation on the glass and pop it on a radiator in the house for a couple of days. You can pop one in the microwave too.. but some may have metal zips so aren't suitable for that.

I've had 2 of mine for about 2-3yrs now and the other for over a year... no signs of them losing their ability to absorb moisture yet. To be fair, I don;t really need them during the warmer months but they're essential during the colder ones... there's just something quirky with these accords that makes it an issue that I've not had on some other cars... My old mondeo for example was really bad and would actually ice up on the inside but my Mazda MX6's were fine as were my Cavaliers... but not my old Sierra (ice issue again).

Heckler said:
Sorry, not been around for weeks... Those are the type I meant but you can find them cheaper. I picked up two 1kg bags for about £12 and I then picked up another after I thought I'd lost one (eventually found it). So now I keep one on the rear parcelk shelf and one that I can throw up on the dash when I park up.

Now I just get some fogging, that the HVAC can take care off quickly.
Thanks for your reply. Couldn't find any at that price but I went for this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Damp-Eater-Maxi-1-5kg/dp/B00ELK8W8C

Will let you know how I get on.