What's new

Bluetooth not working

kingnesh

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-ctdi EX
Hi All,

I have a 2006 facelift saloon ex with built in handsfree / bluetooth. This has all been working fine till about 2 weeks ago.

To try and sort this issue I have tried resetting the system, disconnecting the battery, re-pairing my phone, pairing it with 3 other phones (one iphone, one htc and one Nokia) wont find any. All it keeps sating is phone is not connected or out of range.

Obviously the mic works as it responds to resetting, language change etc so that is not the issue.

Therefore does anyone know if the bluetooth module is integrated into the premium sound system head unit or is it a separate module and if so, where is it located?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear this Nick these systems are ether working or not.Sorry but i cant help on this mate i used to get nothing but problems with it in my old car.
Then 1 day it would work again :unsure:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/
here you go fella
try this

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/1383-hft/
here you go fella
try this
Good find Zoran i remember this thread now ;)

had a same problem last few days. just disconnected module and connected it again and hey presto,
everything works again.
good luck Nick

Just a quick update.hft is not working again today.if you disconnect module and plug it in again it will work till I get the key out and than when you start car again it won't work again.I guess module is goosed I will try to get one from the scrap yard and see what happens then.

Just been in Honda and they want 130£ for new module.before I buy replacement ,is there a way to check that is a faulty module or something else.would it show on hds what it is?

Ask nicely to borrow someone's module?

have you run a diagnostic to see if it is ok when viewed that way? that is if you have sat nav? if not honda might be able to give a diagnostic?

I did that.I pressed 3 buttons on sat nav and got in diagnostic menu and everything is ok .I got all green lights when I pressed navi system.checked the mic,everything seems ok.still no response or tone when I press telephone button.will wait till HH meet,see if anybody knows more about it .

Well I unpluged it and pluged it back in. it worked for a day and then stopped :( Looks like I will have to search the breakers for a new unit.

My Bluetooth was not working and could not pair to phone. I tried other phones with no joy. I disconnected the hft module and it worked when plugged back in, but signal was bad. I then took the module apart to clean but this stopped it working altogether. So, not a good ending for today but hope that if cleaned and sprayed with contact cleaner, it may work once again!

I don't want to have to buy a new one!

my car is at the same thing, i know its the ecu causing the problem, has anyone ever found a way to fix these hft units, i know of a company in the uk baa reman can fix the crv one and they want over £600+ vat which in my eyes is daylight robbery only because they know howmuch a new one costs!!