What's new

Bluetooth unable to connect

Jeffrey

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-ctdi
Tried allways to connect to Bluetooth on my 2007 accord but when you press speak now button all it says is repeat or unable to recognise any body having same problem or is there something i am not doing

Hi guys, hoping you can help me out. Think this would help you also Jeffery.

I've been trying to connect my phone to HFT, however I don't think the module is working. While pairing my device, I can progress as far as when the system tries to detect my device (up to 5mins waiting), but never completes/detects.

I can see the HONDAHFT connection on my phone, but once I select this and enter my code, the systems recommends that this is not the process and prompts me to restart.

I've read here that unplugging the module can sometimes help, but I'm struggling to find any info on the location for this module in 8th gen Accords.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Apologies if this has been explained already, I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance

I'm having the same issue as you Klaws, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong - the manual seems to suggest you need to connect via the phone but like you when I do that the car says it is wrong and goes back to the start.

Mr Honda - I've checked that link, thanks, but wonder if you could explain something. My phone is not on the compatible phone list but it seems to be a pretty arbitrary list. Do you or anyone else know what the list criteria is?! My phone is an HTC One A9 and there is the previous and subsequent HTC models on the list all with the same operating system, so a bit puzzled as to why mine would be incompatible. I'll be changing phones fairly soon so it would be really useful to know what makes a compatible phone!!

Thanks for any help!

I think the original OP had a 7th gen and posted in the 8th gen section

But anyway, AFAIK the HFT in the 8th gen is quite different and so I'll leave it to an 8th gen owner to answer :blush:

There are multiple threads about Bluetooth pairing failures for Gen 7 facelift models. Most of these problems are due to hardware failures as a result of low quality soldering (dry joints) in the Bluetooth module manufactured by Johnson Controls.

I just had a look at the FCC pages for the 08-12 and the 13-etc. Bluetooth modules, and whilst these are still manufactured by Johnson Controls, the modules have different boards. For starters these are single boards (the Gen 7 was an interlocking dual board design).

You would think that considering the failure rates of the Gen 7 modules Johnson's would have improved QC on the later boards..

If it is any consolation, Ebay prices for Gen 8 and later OEM modules seem to be lower than Gen 7. (US Ebay prices)

Link to Gen 8 board. (BT chip + antennae top centre of board)

Link to Gen 7 BT module interior (BT chip + antennae shown in detail shot)

BTW (important) the Gen 8 module was available with different housings for different model Hondas and have different Honda part numbers. They all contain the same board and all are labelled CB2BLUEC08

For advanced nerdery this is the FCC link to the 2013 module which is a different design again (I can't see a PCB antennae on this board - perhaps it was external..?)

Curiously, the Gen 7 board BT output was 3mW, the Gen 9 1.7mW and the last version 1.5mW

I don't think this is a board failure though - both mine and Klaws' HFT is detected by our phones but when we try to pair we get an error. If the board was faulty wouldn't it be the case that it was not showing up on the phone when searching ?

Thanks for the info Richard, much appreciated..

But first I would like to try rebooting the module if possible.

Would you, or any other reader, know where in the 8th Gen the module is located?

I've read from other sources that unplugging the module for a minute or so has been a successful fix, so I'd like to try this before ordering a new part.

Thanks again for the replies

Klaws said:
Would you, or any other reader, know where in the 8th Gen the module is located?
I think there's a panel under the glove compartment and it's in there. Don't forget to remove the car battery -ve lead first ;)

With the 8th Gen you have to initiate pairing from the HFT and not the phone. So use the voice commands to get to the phonbe pairing menu and proceed from there

Sean

I just had the same problem which klaws and avfc_66 are having with an HTC 10 and a 2009 Accord, never had a problem with other phones.

It would simply stop the pairing process as soon as I clicked on the Honda HFT on the phone to enter the pairing code. Just before giving up, I decided to try one last thing, to choose 0000 as the pairing code... and......... it worked!!

So for anyone having this problem, try and choose 0000 as the pin code. The phone won't even ask for the code when you tap on the Honda HFT device, it will just make the successful pairing.

The steps were:
1) initiate pairing process from the car, choose 0000 for the pin
2) when it says "searching for phone" or similar, do a scan on the phone to find the Honda HFT, click on it.
3) pray that it doesn't interrupt the pairing process like it was doing before.