What's new

boost gauge

turton89

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi I'm wanting to fit a boost guage to my type s where do you fit the pressure tube too? Pic of location would be greatly appreciated

Thaaanks

Does it need to be a pneumatic gauge? An electronic one might be easier to implement (and definitely less intrusive) as there is already a MAP sensor and that output is available at the OBD port (I've seen it used via an ELM327 bluetooth interface plus an Android device running the torque app... several other engine parameters can also be graphically displayed simultaneously as virtual dials).

A turbo gauge on a diesel would be most boring. They dont boost like petrol turbos.. So the only reason i wpuld fit one would be to check its health or if it was pushing serious power

to be honest a boost guage in my car is predominantly for asthetics not going to deny it as a diesel cars boost guage is obviously going to be less pleasing to look at compared to a petrol however it will also provide me with hopefully a way of informing me if the turbo isn't functioning properly. But it is mainly too look "cool" haha

I think it'd be a useful addition in any turbo'd vehicle. Fair enough it might not be as exciting as in a petrol, but the most important function of gauges is that they allow you to check that systems in your car are operating as they should.

Maybe I'm just weird (a distinct possibility :lol:), but it really jars me that many cars don't have an oil pressure gauge, oil temp gauge, boost gauge (if running forced induction) or a volt gauge. I think it's really useful to have a live read out of this information!

When I had my gauges in one of my old cars I did find the boost gauge usefull as it showed that the tuning company hand got 2 turbo pipes the wrong way round. After that I found the Rev counter with shift warning very useful.

Got a love Defi