What's new

Boot floor warped

kkelly77

Members
Reaction score
Car
CTDi Sport
The boot floor that lifts up for access to the spare wheel is warped (must have gotten wet at some point in it's life). As a result, it's bouncing around and is quite noticeable when I'm driving.

Is it possible to replace this part of the boot lining?

The boot floor of my Car is warped (must have gotten wet at some point in it's life). As a result, it's bouncing around and is quite noticeable when I'm driving.

Is it possible to replace the boot floor?
Do you mean the carpet that lift's up to get to your space saver tyre im a bit confused.

sure its not the fuel in the tank sloshing about that you're hearing...?

Saloon or tourer? Tourer has a wooden boot floor that lifts up.

lol, ok i read it again. You'll be able to get that either from a scrappies or from honda brand new. What about trying to glue a foam block to the underside where its flexing too much to take up some of the slack.

lol, ok i read it again. You'll be able to get that either from a scrappies or from honda brand new. What about trying to glue a foam block to the underside where its flexing too much to take up some of the slack.

I edited my OP cos I didn't phrase it correctly :blush:

I'd try a scrappies before forking out for a new one. Only thing is, it doesn't look like it detaches anywhere. Would the whole carpet need to be replaced? It's a saloon BTW.

If you lower your back seats you'll be able to see where it clips over the lip. Just remove the clips (think theres 2) and it should come out.

Lol, scrappies is the way to go then!