What's new

Boot locked up tight!

BigVim

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 1.8 vtec sport
Hi folks

My 02 VTEC 1.8 Sport is now giving me a problem with the boot lock. Since i bought it ive never been able to use the lock on the boot itself so always used the handle in the drivers footwell.
This was fine until my brainless brother decided to ' see what the lock was for ' on the boot / filler cap lever. Now it wont unlick at all. The handle is locked down and no matter how much i try the lock it moves back to the unlocked position but doesnt actually do anything.
Any help would be appreciated.......the bodies in the boot will start to stink eventually :p

i always wondered what that lock was for, cant give you any help on that though :wacko:

is it possible that the whole lock barrel is just turning round and not actually unlocking, if you see what I mean

not sure if this will help at all but underneath that handle it is just a metal cable like a bike brake cable, any chance of taking it apart a bit and tugging the cable with a pair of pliers or something? if you desperately need to get into the boot pronto, that is..

I locked myself out once. keys in the boot.. yes i know, i know.. stupid right.. literally the only way in was to hang a hooped wire down from the top of the door and pull that lever with it. hence probably the key lock there really is a good idea. although not if it doesnt work!?

good luck with that