What's new

Bosch battery for my Tourer?

tomblyboo

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer
So my OEM Honda battery (original factory fit) seems to be on its last legs and I have read in the past some people saying the Honda battery on the Tourer is under-powered given all the gadgets on the Tourer like the heated seats, powered tailgate etc. Was wondering about a Bosch battery instead. Any thoughts? I have a 2008 Tourer 2.0 petrol EX model - not the latest shape. A couple of questions - do you think it will void the extended Honda warranty I have if I fit a Bosch battery? Any idea about a suitable model? Are Bosch batteries worth the extra cost (roughly douible price of Honda) ?

Petrols are less of a strain on batteries, but look at holdcroft Honda or vtechdirect - they are doing us top deals at the moment.

We've got a Bosch battery on our 2.2 ictdi tourer, great battery no problems. The dealer changed the battery prior to us collecting the car, it had a genuine Honda one on it before, but the car had been standing on the forecort for a few months and various customers had been playing about with the auto tailgate nav etc so he wanted to change the battery. Don't know what rating of Bosch battery it is though, if you want to know I can get the car out of the garage and check for you.

We've got a Bosch battery on our 2.2 ictdi tourer, great battery no problems. The dealer changed the battery prior to us collecting the car, it had a genuine Honda one on it before, but the car had been standing on the forecort for a few months and various customers had been playing about with the auto tailgate nav etc so he wanted to change the battery. Don't know what rating of Bosch battery it is though, if you want to know I can get the car out of the garage and check for you.

I'd love to know the specific Bosch model if you don't mind mate. I ***ume the diesel tourer would be the same as petrol - is yours same gen as mine? Mine is 2008 build andnot newest shape

I'd love to know the specific Bosch model if you don't mind mate. I ***ume the diesel tourer would be the same as petrol - is yours same gen as mine? Mine is 2008 build andnot newest shape

I don't know if the battery is differnt for diesels to be honest, probably is because more power is needed possibly. Our car is a 2008 build and a 7th generation build not the latest 8th generation build shape. I will go and take a look at the battery now.

I'll go and get the car out and take a look for you, I'll report back shortly. :)

The 2,4 and 2.0 battery is different than the diesel not only in physical size either.

I personally always buy either YUSA or Bosch batteries and recently decided to upgrade to an S6 which is an AGM battery. Im not saying the Honda ones are not fit for purpose as alot of people are happy with them.

The 2,4 and 2.0 battery is different than the diesel not only in physical size either.

I personally always buy either YUSA or Bosch batteries and recently decided to upgrade to an S6 which is an AGM battery. Im not saying the Honda ones are not fit for purpose as alot of people are happy with them.

Thought that would be the case.

Ours is a 2.2 ictdi tourer on an 08 plate 7th gen and has a Bosch S3 008 other details on battery;
12V 570 409 064
640A (EN) 70Ah
0 092 S30 080

Thought that would be the case.

Ours is a 2.2 ictdi tourer on an 08 plate 7th gen and has a Bosch S3 008 other details on battery;
12V 570 409 064
640A (EN) 70Ah
0 092 S30 080
Thanks for this though it would appear then that the diesel battery is different to the petrol. Just been told by my local Honda dealer (Yeomans in Guildford) that the battery they have in stock is a panasonic one at £57 + VAT and only has a 12 month or 16000 mile warranty - the warranty seems a bit naff and smacks of Honda not having much confidence in these batteries? It hought 3 years was standard?

I had the RAC replace my battery a couple of months ago when the original one packed up. The replacement Bosch is the same as Michelle's and has a 3 year warrany.

I'd suggest getting a Bosch S5008 (77Ah 780A) from Car Batteries Online. Currently £72.50 including delivery compared to £90 or more at most other places.
I have the same battery from the same company great price, but I have the diesel tourer. I would use the same company and just put in your reg no and it will tell you which Bosch battery you require and the price

Give Holdcroft Honda a call or view the traders section. They are doing them for £38 inc delivery I think.

Try this. £38.15 inc delivery. Genuine Honda. 3 yr warranty.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7262-revised-battery-offer/page__pid__82435#entry82435

Try this. £38.15 inc delivery. Genuine Honda. 3 yr warranty.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7262-revised-battery-offer/page__pid__82435#entry82435
Just fitted mine today, proper bargain £38 for 75 or 77 AH battery with a 3 year warranty delivered to your house ! no brainer ;)

Having a few starting niggles so going to get a new battery and change it in the next few days, any thing to look out for, IE issues with immobiliser/alarm/stereo etc.? (PS think I can reset the clock on my own), cheers...

I got my local garage to fit a Bosch battery in the end (£75 fitted including disposal of old one), to my 2007/8 petrol Tourer. It was a tiny bit taller than the existing Honda one but fits fine and I have more confidence in it than the OEM Honda ones - at least for Tourers as they have so much kit on them (heated seats, powered tailgate etc). I know it's twice the price that some Honda garages charge for a Honda OEM one, though my local Honda dealer actually charged about £60 for battery only (not fitting), so the Bosch hasn't cost me much more.

The Sat Nav/CD has no code ***ociated with it, so no problem there, though the radio lost all my settings and I had to re-programme in all my stations again and set the speakers up again how I want them (adjust bass, treble, balance, etc). Sat Nav came up with a screen saying that power had been lost and it needed to re-align itself but that took all of about 4 minutes for it to do. Nothing happened regarding the immobiliser.

note, however, that my Tourer is not the latest shape and so if your Accord is the latest model/shape you might have a radio code.

Having a few starting niggles so going to get a new battery and change it in the next few days, any thing to look out for, IE issues with immobiliser/alarm/stereo etc.? (PS think I can reset the clock on my own), cheers...

cool thanks for that, mine is a gen7 and also I don't have sat nav so no probs with that, will get on to it...