What's new

BOSE - Door Speaker Upgrade

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Hi Guys,

This mod I have had for quite a while now about 2 months and kept forgetting about posting it lol, but as the ***le says, I won some 2009 Audi RS4 Cabriolet door speakers, all four speakers from this car (x2 Door & x2 rear panel as its a 2 door) are the same size as the Accord speakers... (16cm if I recall correctly)

I won them for £27 at the time on eBay and were only located in Huddersfield so I picked them up... he sold them cheap as the Bose AMP from the car was was missing... and he's been told they not worth anything without the actual AMP because they wont perform to their best, so he just let them go for next to nothing... even knowing it was a nearly £2000 upgrade from Audi!

He ended up letting me have them for £25! haha

After fitting them how wrong was he to say they are not worth anything without the AMP, they sound absolutely mental! crisp clear, no rattling/shaking, even the bass is perfect, nice punch with less vibration (got the sub for that lol) in terms of treble and bass they are perfect, even though they are not made for the Accord and have to be retro fitted they sound much better than the car's standard speakers which if you have an EX are Pioneer. You can tell the difference in the actual magnet on the back too...the louder you go the speakers just dont distort at all!

But please note, I dont want other members to fit these and blame me if they PSS Amp goes on the blink... as I have powered these 4 door speakers with my aftermarket head unit... the double din Pioneer AVIC HD1BT, which has a powerful enough built in amp and allows control for each speaker and even custom EQ settings... but if you want to give it a try then by all means go ahead, will be interesting to see what they sound on the factory head unit of which I will never know until I remove my aftermarket head unit...! :)

here are some pictures of the one door, as they are all the same, you get the gist of how I fitted them etc... you can see it involves some cutting and sanding down to get them to fit into the door panel, but once in you can just simply screw them into the door panel and the plastic casing just holds the speaker itself in place... door card fits perfectly as before, you get the same clearance with the factory speakers its just the actual holder and magnet is bigger, but I have not had any issues with all 4 speakers....

I have to say it sounds perfect... you really have to listen to it to know how good it really is...!

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

Very nice Jav, must have missed this thread. How are they performing now mate?

What is the setup of the premium sound system and how does it respond to speaker upgrades?

The SAAB I had was *****. You had to have really low impedance speakers and the way the amp filtered the sound made it really limited to how well they performed.

I noticed in the back of my tourer I have a sub, which once, if I ever get it back on the road. Will hopefully sound nice.

Guys I disconnected my multimedia system due to some upgrades and connected my factory fitted set up with the BOSE speakers still in the doors and they sound amazing!!!!! much crisper! if you have a factory fit set up then of for the BOSE speakers at least! massive difference

Guys I disconnected my multimedia system due to some upgrades and connected my factory fitted set up with the BOSE speakers still in the doors and they sound amazing!!!!! much crisper! if you have a factory fit set up then of for the BOSE speakers at least! massive difference
It's not easy to get them:(

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks great dude.