What's new

Bose Speaker Size

Dangerstevie

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
I have read conflicting reports regarding the size and quantity of speakers in the Bose single CD setup in the SE Executive. I am changing my head unit and i have a decent kicker amp that i want to use to power a set of components in the front and a pair of 2 way co-axials in the rear with a small sub in the boot to replace the std bose item.
Now I have read conflicting reports that the dash contains tweeters although i cant see any in mine and that the front speakers are either 135mm or 165mm.

Can anyone please clarify what size the front speakers are, what size the rear speakers are, what size the sub is (Including depth) and finally if there are tweeters in the dash and where they are.

Thanks

OK, after more research it turns out the Bose speakers in the front and the rear are 160mm courtesy of Lings Honda Parts. What i cannot find is the size of the sub. I am going to buy some 165mm speakers and fit them (only 2.5mm larger radius so should be able to accomodate quite easily) and i have found some nice 8" subs but cant go any further until i can find the size of the sub.

I have BOSE cassete player and subwoofer. There is 130mm speakers everywhere in doors.I think you will need adapters to fit 165mm.

Why tiy need subwoofer size? it is better to install subwoofer with its own box. so size should not matter to you.

I want to fit the new sub in the same location as the existing one so i do not lose boot space. TBH my days of popping the boot open and making people sick with bass are long gone but i still like the depth a well set-up sub gives to the music i listen to.

I have BOSE cassete player and subwoofer. There is 130mm speakers everywhere in doors.I think you will need adapters to fit 165mm.

Why tiy need subwoofer size? it is better to install subwoofer with its own box. so size should not matter to you.

Have a look at the following link regarding the speaker size, I dont doubt your car has the 130mm speakers but my bose is the type C (CD player with no tape) and Lings reckons 160mm.

Lings Bose Speakers

bare in mind that most Bose speakers are 2ohm and pretty much all aftermarket speakers are 4ohm

Already in mind and not an issue as I have an amp and head unit ready to go in