What's new

Bose speakers

ssaccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-cdti
Seen someone who had fitted Bose speakers out of a Audi TT into the accord but just wondering if the madza 6 one will also fit out of curiosity and has anyone ever done it ?

Hi ssaccord,

I have just done some over the past week on mine from the mazda 6. I bought the 2 tweeters, front door and I think the others were 4x6's.
All speakers needed a little modification. The 4x6's were too small to sit correct in the 6x9 hole but managed to get them mounted by 3 screws in there by setting them in at an angle. The tweeters were a little bit smaller than the accord ones, so it sound a bit cowboyish but secured them with tie wraps fairly well. And the door speakers needed an 18mm spacer made from mdf so the magnet clears the window when it goes down. As the bose speakers has a much bigger magnet on there.
All the speakers needed the wiring adopted with new terminals crimped on. You also need to find out which wire goes to which teminal on the speaker because there is a right way and a wrong way.
Hope some of this helps. Let me know if you need any more advise. Oh and the bose speakers kick ***!