What's new

Bose subwoofer

abjerck

Reaction score
Car
Accord vtec 1.8 1999
I bought my accord 1999 1.8 second hand and the OEM Bose headunit has been replaced with a sony unit.

The problem is that the rear subwoofer dont seem to be connected, its not making any sound at all, i removed the sony unit and discoverd a cable that was not connected with a tiny note "amp" on it. Im guessing thats the subwoofer cable ? How can i connect it to the headunit ?

hope someone can help!!!

IIRC, you have an amplifier under the passenger seat, perhaps you should take that in consideration.

BTW, since its your first post in the forum, make a presentation of your self in the proper place ;)

IIRC, you have an amplifier under the passenger seat, perhaps you should take that in consideration.

BTW, since its your first post in the forum, make a presentation of your self in the proper place ;)

Oh! Im André from Norway, bought my accord half a year ago. My first car :p

Can i connect to the amplifier from rca somehow to get subwoofer working ?

The wire that's usualy labbeld amp is the remote lead and needs to be connected to the remote wire in the back of the head unit, if you haven't got a remote wire in the head unit then it'll have to be connected to something that is ignition controled I wired mine to the cig lighter

Hey dude.

There should be a socket on the amp for the RCA lead to plug into. If not you'll need to wire it together yourself. It's not a hard job. Just make sure the RCA (Remote) cable is attached to the correct input on the amp.