What's new

Braided brake hoses

I've got HEL brake lines all round, but they were fitted together with bigger calipers and new pads so I think that all this has take a part in brake improvement

made a noticeable difference under hard braking but they fitted with a hard compound pad.

brodziu said:
I've got HEL brake lines all round, but they were fitted together with bigger calipers and new pads so I think that all this has take a part in brake improvement
What calipers did you fit? Are they from another Honda or are they a performance brand like Brembo?

I put braided lines on to my 3rd gen Accord, there is a noticeable increase in brake feel. The pedal is much firmer and responsive. That's on stock brakes as well. I think it's a worthwhile mod on any car :)

Managed to get mine to 145mph with four people and a weeks worth of luggage on the autobahn so now I want better brakes. Will deffo get the braided brake hoses now.

2.4_Roar said:
What calipers did you fit? Are they from another Honda or are they a performance brand like Brembo?
I fitted Nissin twin piston calipers from Accord TypeS 8th gen, straight swap, but you need also 8th gen discs as stock discs are 300mm, ATS has 320mm
null_zpsa0fa98fa.jpg