What's new

Brake Caliper Colour

Accord-EX

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-CTDI EX
Im getting grooved brake discs fitted all round on my car today along with ebc greenstuff pads. The calipers would need to be repainted so my question is.. which colour would suit best?

Currently they are silver which is very suttle and matches in with the car but im open to suggestions

ddoz11.jpg

have mine done in s copper/bronze mix, subtle but still noticeable...
after%20(3).jpg

On my past Accord (also silver) I had red calipers with dark anthracite penta alloys. They certainly stood out

4629340012_374fb88a9e.jpg

I say stick with silver, Your not driving a Subaru. Keep it subtle.

As the pads are going to be green you're pretty limited for colour.

I think red calipers with green pads would look horrible. I'd stick with the silver, it would be a lot more subtle and professional.

Or you could go the Skoda VRS route and have green calipers too. Just throwing it out there. lol :unsure:

Matt

Green pads? Didn't notice that... stick with silver dude....

Have a look at mine same wheels and brakes ;)

P100501_095126.jpg

P100501_151506.jpg

P100501_110031.jpg

Im getting grooved brake discs fitted all round on my car today along with ebc greenstuff pads. The calipers would need to be repainted so my question is.. which colour would suit best?

Currently they are silver which is very suttle and matches in with the car but im open to suggestions

ddoz11.jpg
I don't think you will better the silver. Subtle but look good!
C

Yes I think I will stick with the silver

Red looked quite good but its maybe a bit too much boy racer looking

That red works because of the rim colour... Not my cup of tea, but then who's gonna argue with a copper ;).

I got yellow brake callipers??? Maybe a little too out there but i think they look good. Was gonna blend it all in with grey wheels with a thin yellow ring around them.

Have you done them yet?
I had black to start with, then changed to blue.
But the blue may not suit a silver car.

imag0169.jpg

imag0198s.jpg

Have you done them yet?
I had black to start with, then changed to blue.
But the blue may not suit a silver car.

I've bought silver calliper paint but haven't done them yet
I hope to get them done this weekend but when I do I'll upload some pics

Ok I finally got around to painting the callipers today and they turned out very nice! Silver was defiantly the best colour for my car I think. I've attached a few pics below..

My next task is now to paint the brake discs- they are about a week old and have turned very rusty red around the centre hub.
I'm thinking black would be nice and wouldn't draw much attention to them?

2rf4myo.jpg

2lsz86d.jpg

s4ov13.jpg

I pained mine last week silver to keep it oem look

I've just done mine in red with engine lacquer. I was going to do the hubs in black engine lacq, but after brushing on Kurust they went almost black anyway so left it at that.

I've just done mine in red with engine lacquer. I was going to do the hubs in black engine lacq, but after brushing on Kurust they went almost black anyway so left it at that.

Shiny would you post a picture on this thread of them?

I'm going to finish mine off this weekend but am still unsure weather to do them in black or silver..
If anyone else has pics of the discs done in black/silver feel free to post to give me a better idea

Cheers

Looks good paddy ill post some photos of my disks there silver as well lol.

Just to update this.. I took all the wheels off again last night and coated them with Kurust. I was suprised at how well this stuff works! It went on as a milky liquid and then turned blue as it worked. When it dried it was a very dark blue/black colour and turned out very nice

Will they still need painted to prevent the rust from reoccuring or will Kurust last on its own?