What's new

Brake Lights Permanently On

marculos2

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.4
Pull the connector from the switch and if the lights go out its the switch.

Also check when you press the brake pedal that there is a small clearance between the end of the switch and the pedal. If not then might just need adjusting.

the switch has had it , it works ok but where it goes into the white nut thingy there is no purchase so need to replace it. I guess should be fairly easy to replace though read a horror thread where someone didnt install it properly and ruined his brakes. I will try and find a new one tomorrow or get out the superglue !

marculos2 said:
the switch has had it , it works ok but where it goes into the white nut thingy there is no purchase so need to replace it. I guess should be fairly easy to replace though read a horror thread where someone didnt install it properly and ruined his brakes. I will try and find a new one tomorrow or get out the superglue !
I used to fit these on the civic and crv at the plant in Swindon. The plastic nut just clips into the brake pedal unit and the the switch goes into this as far down as you can push it without damaging it then locks off by twisting it clockwise. If you can get a new plastic nut with the switch then you're best off replacing both as the thread may be damaged in that as well as on the shaft of the switch. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to add, if your car has cruise control then you'll need the switch that has 4 pins in it, this a stop & cruise switch. If it doesn't have cruise then it'll probably only have 2 pins in it. Then it's just a normal stop switch. A 4 pin one will work in 2 pin car but not the other way round as your cruise control wouldn't shut off when you tried to brake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the help ! managed to fix the original one in the end didnt do the twist, user error lol , all working !