What's new

Brake splash shields

guys you been reading Shakespeare or something. Got phone call from Honda MD today. Rear both side €120 it's bleeding joke. Asked my friend to check a second hand parts. The guy there priced about €70. I believe it's still too much for that piece of metal. It's joke the way they price parts

Did someone mention Shakespeare ?
DCTS_XgXUAAmR_K.jpg

midaev1 said:
guys you been reading Shakespeare or something. Got phone call from Honda MD today. Rear both side €120 it's bleeding joke. Asked my friend to check a second hand parts. The guy there priced about €70. I believe it's still too much for that piece of metal. It's joke the way they price parts
Is your car a saloon model then? I don't see how you'd ever get secondhand tourer rear shields as they are held on with 6 spot welds (and I made a real mess removing the remnants of my old ones). I've no idea about saloon models though.

28461090-.jpg

midaev1 said:
Got phone call from Honda MD today. Rear both side €120 it's bleeding joke.
\/ .....As per #107 & #108.....\/

freddofrog said:
On 7th gen diesel saloon (CN1), £48.27 for rear right, 51.52 for rear left -> http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection?block_01=17SEA701&block_02=B__1910&block_03=3165&block_05=hcr

Is your car CN1 ?
&
Cliffordski said:
Still for about £50 for a new on it could be a lot worse.
The link in #107 is a UK dealer in East Anglia, but see the forum affiliate dealer (Holdcroft) in Stoke --> http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/forum/43-holdcroft-honda/

Holdcroft prices are usually same but they give forum members a 10% discount, and they usually do free delivery (in England anyway, they might want postage to ROI), so call them.

JOHN_G my car is saloon. I thinking to take chance to go different place coz the one beside where I live known to be very strict on cars. Maybe if I remove what's left there and clean it the guy might think car didn't come with them at all. My car is UK one so rust too much. Thanks FREDDO I'll check. Thank you everyone

midaev1 said:
I thinking to take chance to go different place coz the one beside where I live known to be very strict on cars. Maybe if I remove what's left there and clean it the guy might think car didn't come with them at all.
Good idea, but note that if it's same as in UK, it's all computerised and the other place will see reason for failure. Also you'll have to remove both sides and say the car came without them. But, with another test fee, it could end up costing a lot more than £50 for one side.

midaev1 said:
Good arms, strong joints, true swords; and – Jove's accord.

freddofrog said:
^what he said

this is the diagram of the parking brake shoes on Lings, it shows the backing plate with the shield as one part, the red circle (drawn by my niece's son aged 5) shows the division between the plate and the shield

CM2_rear_parking_shoes.jpg

but in reality the shield is just spot welded and those give way over time, as is starting to happen in the pic below

CM2_rear_photo.jpg
Hi all,

Does-it mean that I can easely cut off the dust shield from the drum backplate ? It could be very interesting for my rear disk brak update on my tourer!

nvaf.jpg

Depends on your vehicle test rules in France, but it's legal in the UK.

Despite a certain well known Honda aficionado claiming otherwise :lol: