What's new

Brakes - Guarantee?

grentuu

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord SE Executive
Put the car in for an MOT this morning, all would have been okay except after I left, they drove it into the bay for the MOT and a brake pipe burst. They are replacing the pipe and sorting it so hopefully will be ok.

However, they have mentioned that the offside rear brake isn't working properly, they say it might just need an adjustment but they won't know until they have got the brakes up and running again.

Just a quick question. At the MOT last year, both rear brakes had complete rebuilds, new discs, calipers etc. This was done at the same garage. Do these parts come with any kind of warranty? I'm worried that if there is a part fault I could end up with a major bill.

I do trust this garage, used them for years and are probably the most honest garage I have dealt with. Anyone know re warranty?

The warranty is something you'd need to ask the garage. But none of those parts will cost a huge amount if they need changing. New callipers are pricey new but plenty of reconditioned ones are available for £50-70 as an alternative to a rebuild.

Thanks guys.

Turned out it was a cable. In total they did the following:

OSR brake pipe and ends £5.00
NSR Handbrake cable £26.54
MOT £40.00
Labour £90.00
VAT £24.30
Total £185.84